facebook

New to JSP, can’t find JSTL core taglib [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

wseubert

I can guarentee this is a setup issue on my end but I need a kick in the right direction…

I have been using MyEclipse and learning my way through JSP’s, Servlets, and Beans. My environment has been J2SE with Eclipse 3.0.

I’ve been pretty successful so far but I just tried to use the core JSTL stuff. When I add

<%@ taglib uri=’http://java.sun.com/jstl/core&#8217; prefix=’c’ %>

to the top of one of my JSP’s I get:

Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
    2 File “http://java.sun.com/jstl/core&#8221; not found. NOTE: No JSP line number was avaliable so line 1 was used for the marker. EditUser.jsp HelloWorldJSP/WebRoot/Admin line 1 October 14, 2004 11:00:14 AM

After a little digging around on the SUN sight, I realized I needed the J2EE SDK so I downloaded it and installed it. My problem didn’t go away though.

What step am I missing?
    Thanks

#217634 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Is this a normal Java Project? Did you add Web Capabilities to it? Did you try and add the J2EE 1.4 Library Set to your project? Did you add the JSTL libs to your project?

Any or all of these steps can probably help you get rid of that error.

#217635 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to J2EE dev

#217644 Reply

wseubert

Yes it’s a web project. I started with the Hello World project in you demo and have exploring from there.

To make sure I do this right, here’s what I think you’re telling me to do…

1. Bring up my Project Properties
    2. Select ‘Java Build Path’ in the tree
    3. Select the ‘Libraries’ tab
    4. Select the ‘J2EE 1.4 Library Container’
    5. Click ‘Add Library’

In ‘Order and Export’ do I need to check ‘J2EE 1.4 Library and Container’?

Thanks

#217646 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1-5) Yes exactly

Order And Export: No need to do this.

Did that help? Try rebuilding your project after doing that (Project > Clean…) and make sure “Automatically build” is selected.

#217653 Reply

wseubert

That did not fix my problem.

When I look at my project via Package Explorer I see the J2EE 1.4 Library Container with the following jar’s: activation.jar, javax.serlet.jar, javax.servlet.jsp.jar, jboss-j2ee.jar, jboss-jaxrpc.jar, jboss-jsr77.jar, jboss-saaj.jar, mail.jar, namespace.jar, and xml-apis.jar

I tried doing the clean with auto build. I tried turning off auto build and doing a clean and then build all.

Any other suggestions?

#217655 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Any other suggestions?

Prayer…

No seriously, Export the project to a zip and email it to us with a reference to this thread, I’ll hvae alook at it.

#217668 Reply

wseubert

You should have it. The subject line is:

Zip file to go with the thread ‘New to JSP, can’t find JSTL core taglib’ for rkalla

#217684 Reply

wseubert

I just created a test web project and checked ‘Add JSTL 1.0 to WEB-INF/lib folder’. Doing so added a bunch of *.tld’s to my WEB-INF folder and a bunch of *.jars to by lib directory.

I’m guessing this is what is missing in the demo project I submitted. How do I get this stuff added?

Thanks

#217686 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Do the same thing in your other project, its always there under the MyEclipse menu.

#217691 Reply

wseubert

I just found that if you right-click on the project in Navigator. You can go to MyEclipse|’Add JSTL…’

This took care of that problem.

Thanks for all of your help.

#217694 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad its working now, sorry I didn’t catch this earlier 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: New to JSP, can’t find JSTL core taglib [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in