facebook

No startup experience

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sbentin
    Participant

After upgrading to eclipse 2020-12, I am no longer able to get the startup experience.
    The “use startup experience” is checked. I’ve unchecked it, restarted, re checked it, restarted but doesn’t work.

I’m back with the old eclipse launcher.

The devStyle themes work.

#670642 Reply

Aaron Lara

@sbentin, I’m sorry that you are having issues with DevStyle. Sometimes the startup experience gets disabled because it detected issues during initialization. Let’s try to manually enable it:

1. Shut down Eclipse
    2. Open Eclipse install/configuration/.settings/com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.prefs
    3. Look for useNewStartupDialog=false and change it to useNewStartupDialog=true
    4. Save and start Eclipse again.

Hopefully, this will make the startup experience come back. If not, can you share your workspace log located at workspace/.metadata/.log?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#670698 Reply

sbentin
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the quick response.Sorry but your instructions did not help the problem
    Following is a part from the log where genuitec errors appear, maybe it can help.

#670699 Reply

sbentin
    Participant

trying the file again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #670701 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the log! It looks like DevStyle’s patches plugin is not properly running. Hare’s another thing you can check:

1. Open the bundles.info file located at eclipse install/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.
    2. Search for com.genuitec.eclipse.patches and make sure it ends with 2,true.

Cheers!

#670705 Reply

sbentin
    Participant

Here it is from my bundles.info

com.genuitec.eclipse.patches,1.11.0.202007171537,file:/home/shai/.p2/pool/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.patches_1.11.0.202007171537.jar,2,true

#670707 Reply

Aaron Lara

Yeah, that seems correct. Given the number of exceptions, it really looks like a failed update (corrupted install). We have received similar reports from people updating their installations with Spring Tools, causing some plugins, not only DevStyle but also other third-party plugins, to fail.

If this is your case, I would recommend using a clean Eclipse installation (do not use the Eclipse installer as it reuses previous installs bundles, do use https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/ instead).

#670715 Reply

sbentin
    Participant

OK thanks. Ill do that

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: No startup experience

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in