facebook

No tooltips are shown to long package names with the devstyle theme.

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gayanper
    Participant

With devstyle theme there are no tooltips showing the full name of the long element in the project explorer like a project name, package name for example. The tooltips are shown in the default eclipse theme.

#646529 Reply

gayanper
    Participant

Added two attachment showing the devstyle theme and default eclipse theme.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #646723 Reply

support-swapna

Gayanper,

Thank you for the screenshots. I have filed a report with the dev team to look into this issue.
    We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

Thank you for reporting it. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#648418 Reply

gayanper
    Participant

Any update in this issue, when can i expect a fix for this issue ?

#648428 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! There’s currently an investigation going on for this issue. We will let you know when we find something so you can help us test it.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#694276 Reply

pbodnar
    Participant

Hi there, any progress on this issue? I consider these tooltips (or “hover help”, to help Google to find this page ;)) a basic productivity-related feature and I was pretty surprised it is the DevStyle plugin which breaks it, forcing us to scroll from to left to right… For long-time Eclipse users like me, I believe this might be a blocker for using this otherwise great plugin (with a few other annoying issues, but I consider this one probably the biggest).

Could you please share some details on this issue, like its priority or why it is hard to fix? I also wonder whether this issue is new, or existed unnoticed from the very beginning of this plugin.

#695202 Reply

pbodnar
    Participant

I’m sorry, but still no response from authors after nearly 3 years of prospective investigation?

I consider this a major usability issue, yet it doesn’t seem to be that important to those many thousands of users of this plugin, or is it?

#695506 Reply

Mikeboi
    Participant

Moderator,
    Any updates on this ? It’s been 3 years , can you please file a new report if possible ?

#695511 Reply

support-swapna

pbodnar/Mikeboi,

Apologies for the delayed response. We have marked this as a critical bug and targeted it for the next release.
    We will keep you posted about the release date when its closer.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: No tooltips are shown to long package names with the devstyle theme.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in