facebook

No warnings on using non-existing output

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fedor Losev
    Participant

Once there were useful template validator warnings when undefined output was used, e.g. <mycomponent (kuku)="..." there was a warning that kuku does not exist or alike.

These are not produced anymore, making template refactoring very fragile. Do I miss something, is it a configuration issue or is it broken in IDE?

@angular
    /cli 1.7.4, @angular/xx 5.2.0, Angular IDE 2017 CI 14 1.11.0.201809060839

Btw. I think in addition to Window / Preferences / Webclipse it is good to add more conventional Help / Webclipse / About with the version info, and version / build id should be selectable to copy. It is a bit strange that there is a check for updates but no about.

#598438 Reply

support-swapna

Fedor,

Sorry that you are seeing problems with template validation. I tried to replicate it at my end but I do see the unknown attributes being validated as warnings.

1. Do you see other validations in the template files being reported correctly?

2. Can you please do a project clean (menu Project > Clean) and see if it helps?

3. Do you also have CodeMix installed? Can you please let us know whether the files are being opened in HTML editor or CodeMix’s HTML editor?

I have filed a request for the dev team to look into adding information to the Help/About dialog and also make the information listed in the Webclipse preferences page selectable. Thank you for the suggestion.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#598672 Reply

Fedor Losev
    Participant

Unknown attribute warnings I do see myself.

1) Yes, other validations seem to work. In particular, unknown attributes produce a warning. Unknown outputs do not.

2) It replicates as well in a fresh new project, clean etc. does not help.

3) Nope, no CodeMix yet (I give it a try once in a while and uninstall back since there are still too many issues to consider it ready for day to day; maybe the next try it will be ok).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Fedor Losev.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #598696 Reply

Fedor Losev
    Participant

I may be wrong and it never worked (maybe was fixed at some point and then broken, not sure), I see I already reported such an issue https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/no-warnings-on-undefined-component-output-in-template/

Actually, I reported a sequence of template validator bugs very long time before, none of them seems fixed https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/important-ts-issues/.

One more bug in this area:
    <div (click)="kuku.test(true)"></div> properly issues a warning “Identefied kuku is not defined”.
    <div (click)="kuku.test = true"></div> should issue the same warning but there is none.

Currently, unique template validator is one of the strongest Angular IDE market edges over competitors, not sure why didn’t these get a higher priority. I didn’t check them in CodeMix yet, maybe we can hope it is/will be fixed at least there (does it use different template validator/autocomplete btw.?).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #598874 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fedor,

Just so we’re on the same page – we are able to replicate the issues you have mentioned in this, and the referenced threads.

Currently, unique template validator is one of the strongest Angular IDE market edges over competitors, not sure why didn’t these get a higher priority.

Thank you. The reason we haven’t focused on fixing issues in the validator is because each issue required a custom fixes, and with the framework we were based on, some of these would require significant rework for different versions of Angular.

As we’ve stated before, we’re moving onto a CodeMix base shortly – this includes Webclipse and Angular IDE. Now there are a number of issues that this move fixes for our users, including the ability to continually support the most recent versions of TypeScript, for instance. Unfortunately your validation issues still do exist (yes, the template validator and autocomplete framework is completely different), but the new platform is very closely tied with the Angular Language Server, and gives us the ability to focus on these specific problems you have raised, which we hope to do in the near future.

As always, thank you for your support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: No warnings on using non-existing output

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in