facebook

Offline installation

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

clifft
    Participant

I would really like to use the DevStyle plugin, but most of the systems I work on are air-gapped, so using the update site directly is not possible. Is it possible to get DevStyle as a zipped package/site for offline installation?

#615924 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello @clift.

When on a machine that is connected to the net, you could make a mirror of our update site. You can then copy this mirror to your offline machine, and then install using the Local button in the “Add Update site” dialog to install from this site.

To make a mirror, execute the following commands from within the folder containing eclipse.exe, where mirrorfolder is the destination into which you want to mirror the site.

eclipse -nosplash -verbose -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication -raw -source https://www.genuitec.com/updates/devstyle/ci/ -destination mirrorfolder
    and then
    `
    eclipse -nosplash -verbose -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication -raw -source https://www.genuitec.com/updates/devstyle/ci/ -destination mirrorfolder`

see: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Repository_Mirroring for more details. Note, progress is not displayed during the mirroring operation, please wait for the eclispe process to naturally exit each time.

Hope this helps.

#615972 Reply

clifft
    Participant

That should work great!

I was not aware of this trick. It would have come in handy a few times over the years. Thanks for teaching me something new!

#615978 Reply

clifft
    Participant

An update and some notes for future readers:

I initially ran into some trouble with SSL certificates, which I assumed was due to my work proxy. It turns out it was an issue resolving the certificate authority for the HTTPS addresses. If you run into this issue (PKIX path creation failed), try using http:// instead of https://.

Also, the first time it ran, it failed to grab a few required JAR files, namely the news and CSS JARs. Once I re-ran it, I was able to zip the contents of the mirror folder (optional, but easier to send to the IT folks) and install the plugin from the zip file.

Thanks again!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by clifft.
    #615980 Reply

Aaron Lara

Happy to know you are up and going! I really appreciate the feedback and your notes.

Thank you!

#680060 Reply

mcreel15
    Participant

Hello, I was looking for an offline archive and was directed here, however, it unfortunately appears the mirror site method is also blocked by my organization, looking around I’m having no luck finding an archive – would this perhaps be something I could generate on my end of I have it installed elsewhere?

#680126 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

You could generate the mirror site on a different network if your organization doesn’t allow it. You can then copy the mirror folder to your machine and install it using the Local option in the Add Update Site dialog.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#680284 Reply

mcreel15
    Participant

Hello Swapna, I’m sorry – I don’t think I understand your solution?

#680325 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry for not being clear. If you have problem generating the mirror folder in your machine, then you can generate that folder in another machine which allows it and copy that folder in your machine and use it to install the plugin.

Do let us know your limitations for the above solution.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#694882 Reply

thunderanimal
    Participant

Thanks for the topic it helped me a lot in the past
    Unfortunately these is no longer working even on my working machine as well as the private pc without any firewall or proxy.

I know get the following error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
    session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
    Problems downloading artifact: org.eclipse.update.feature,com.genuitec.eclipse.base.feature,1.11.0.202206271604.
    Error reading signed content:C:\Users\Insane\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile3201967284836110341.jar
    An error occurred while processing the signatures for the file: C:\Users\Insane\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile3201967284836110341.jar
    Problems downloading artifact: org.eclipse.update.feature,com.genuitec.eclipse.common.explorer.jdt.feature,1.11.0.202206271604.

Do you have any idea, what the problem could be?
    In some post I read something about the Java-Version, which own do you recommend?

#694938 Reply

support-swapna

@thunderanimal,

Are you working with an older version of Eclipse? We have a known issue with DevStyle certs on older versions of Eclipse.
    Please update to the latest Eclipse version and install DevStyle.
    If you are still seeing problems, then please share the Eclipse version details along with the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Do let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Offline installation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in