facebook

Offline installer error

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have downloaded the MyEclipse 10.1 offline installer for linux
    and I have CentOS 6.2 x86_64 and JDK 7 update 3
    but when I run the Offline Installer, it gives me the following error message and when click the OK button, the Installer terminates.

An error has occurred. See the log file
    /tmp/oneinstall_3545/MyEclipseBling-10.1.0-offline-installer-linux/installer/configuration/1335866692735.log.

and the log file contents are:

!SESSION 2012-05-01 14:34:52.434 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.fullversion=GNU libgcj 4.4.6 20110731 (Red Hat 4.4.6-3)
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: /home/MyEclipseBling-10.1-offline-installer-linux.run 1138335744
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 /home/MyEclipseBling-10.1-offline-installer-linux.run 1138335744

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.707
    !MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.707
    !MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.2.R36x_v20101019_1345 [4] was not resolved.
    !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86 2 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.707
    !MESSAGE Platform filter did not match: (& (osgi.ws=gtk) (osgi.os=linux) (osgi.arch=x86))
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.708
    !MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.core.net.linux.x86_1.1.100.R36x_v20100825-0800 [12] was not resolved.
    !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.net.linux.x86 2 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.709
    !MESSAGE Platform filter did not match: (& (osgi.os=linux) (osgi.arch=x86))
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.709
    !MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_3.6.2.v3659b [76] was not resolved.
    !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 2 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.709
    !MESSAGE Platform filter did not match: (& (osgi.ws=gtk) (osgi.os=linux) (osgi.arch=x86))

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-05-01 14:34:54.709
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    com.genuitec.pulse.installer.exception.NoTypedContextException: com.genuitec.pulse.installer.context.base.IInstallerInstanceContext
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.context.internal.InstallerContextImpl.getContextForScope(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.context.internal.InstallerContextImpl$CallerScopedInstallerContext.getContext(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.application.CommonInstallerApplication.prepareContainer(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.application.CommonInstallerApplication.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(libgcj.so.10)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
    Caused by: com.genuitec.pulse.installer.exception.TypedContextInitException: Could not read the installer instance file from the bundled installer contents.
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.context.base.internal.InstallerInstanceContextImpl.init(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.context.internal.InstallerContextImpl.getContextForScope(Unknown Source)
    …13 more

I installed CentOS as minimum desktop, so I think the problem is about the lack of some packages.
    Please help me.

#325687 Reply

support-swapna

khoshsirat,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Looks like either the installer file is incomplete / corrupted.

Could you verify the file size and md5sum of the installer matches with that mentioned in the download site?

Alternatively, you can install ME using pulse. Please refer this FAQ – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-how-to-install-myeclipse-from-pulse/

Let us know how it works for you.

#325719 Reply

I checked the MD5sum and it was OK
    I don’t have internet access in my linux system, so I can’t use pulse
    do you have any more suggestions?

#325722 Reply

support-swapna

khoshsirat,

Can you please check if any these suggestions works for you?

1. Uninstall all previous installations or just rename the directory pointed to by .pulse2.locator file and try the install again. Here is an FAQ on the default locations of MyEclipse files :
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-printview-t-27743-start-0.html

2. Install a standard Java from Sun/Oracle and point the installer to use it. You can make changes to the -vm argument in the myeclipse.ini file to point to the standard java.exe. The fact that you are using gnu java might cause some incompatibilities.

3. If the above 2 suggestions do not work for you, Can you please confirm if you have a 64 bit or 32 bit system to help us investigate further.

Let us know how it works for you.

#325850 Reply

hi,
    I installed the CentOS again but this time as desktop profile.
    the myEclipse offline installer is working fine (as I was suggesting, the problem was the lack of some packages)
    I installed MyEclipse but now I have many problems
    some of those are here:
    1- when I go to Window -> Preferences -> MyEclipse, as I click on the Servers item, I get this error message:

Unable to create the selected preference page.
    An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.genuitec.eclipse.core.common (25).

in fact when I click on most of other items, I get similar messages like these:

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core (95).

com/genuitec/eclipse/core/ui/preference/JDKFieldEditor

I even can’t open the Configuration Center, I get this error message:

Failed to execute item com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.mcc

and here is my session data:

eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.7.0_03
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

now I’m in a worse situation.

help me, please.

#325852 Reply

support-swapna

khoshsirat,

Sorry that you are seeing issues. I have escalated it to a dev team member. They will get back to you.

#325854 Reply

I think it’s better to test it yourself.
    here is the environment that I’m using:

CentOS 6.2 x86_64 final release
    MyEclipse 10.1 Bling Edition
    Firefox 12.0 (with XULRunner)
    when I was searching the web, I encountered to this matter that eclipse has conflict with XULRunner and some problems with GTK.
    I’m using Firefox, which needs XULRunner and GTK to run correctly.
    so I think the problem may be about this

I hope this will help you!

#325868 Reply

Brian Fernandes

khoshsirat,

From first glance, you still appear to be having an installation problem, when you said you installed CentOS again – does this mean you completely cleaned your system and MyEclipse Bling was installed into a brand new location (which had no traces of MyEclipse before?)

One problem with XULRunner is documented here:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/my-eclipse-10-jvm-crash/#post-325221
    https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=373965
    However, this would typically result in a JVM crash and not cause issues like you mention where the plugins are refusing to start. Can you confirm that the same errors occur repeatedly on multiple workspace starts? Please clear your error log before restarting to confirm that the same errors are repeatedly logged. You could try following the steps outlined in the above posts to see if they fix your issue.

In the meanwhile, we will also try to test in this environment.

#325871 Reply

yes, I’ve formatted the entire linux partitions(I have windows too)

I found something new, when I change the workspace directory, I get this error message and MyEclipse crashes:

SECURITY ALERT: INTEGRITY CHECK ERROR

This product did not pass the MyEclipse integrity check. This security check is
    a prerequisite for launch of MyEclipse. please reinstall MyEclipse and try
    again.

Specific Error: The signature chain used to sign MyEclipse is either not valid or
    does not belong to Genuitec. MyEclipse features will not start with an unsigned
    installation. Reason: The file “com/genuitec/eclipse/core/publicKey.bytes” in
    the jar “/apps/myEclipse10/Common/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.core_10.1.0.me201203170059.jar” has been tampered!

For additional assistance contact support@genuitec.com

and when I click the Quit button, this error message appears:

JVM terminated. Exit code=255
    /apps/jdk1.7.0_03/bin/java
    -Xmx1024m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore
    -jar /apps/myEclipse10/MyEclipse Bling Edition 10//../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
    -os linux
    -ws gtk
    -arch x86_64
    -showsplash
    -launcher /apps/myEclipse10/MyEclipse Bling Edition 10/myeclipse-blue
    -name Myeclipse-blue
    –launcher.library /apps/myEclipse10/MyEclipse Bling Edition 10//../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.100.v20110505/eclipse_1407.so
    -startup /apps/myEclipse10/MyEclipse Bling Edition 10//../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
    –launcher.overrideVmargs
    -exitdata 108009
    -install /apps/myEclipse10/MyEclipse Bling Edition 10
    -configuration /apps/myEclipse10/MyEclipse Bling Edition 10/configuration
    -vm /apps/jdk1.7.0_03/bin/java
    -vmargs
    -Xmx1024m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore
    -jar /apps/myEclipse10/MyEclipse Bling Edition 10//../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar

and when I use the current workspace directory it starts well!

#325873 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

khoshsirat,

I installed CentOS 6.2, 64 bit desktop, and Firefox 12. Installation of Bling 10 went fine and I couldn’t see any of the problems that you describe.

Immediately after installing CentOS I ran yum update. I’m not sure if you did this – if not, you might want to try that. However, it still seems as though you might have a bad installer. Can you download a fresh copy from our site and try again, after removing the current install?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Offline installer error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in