facebook

outofbounds errors in error log

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

atomz4peace
    Participant

I also see quite a few of these entries, mostly when editing JSF files. They keep coming and when it happens, takes the focus away from my current window.

Happy to send a full error log of several strange issues if that helps.

eclipse.buildId=16.0.0.CI-005
    java.version=13
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern
    Error
    Thu May 14 17:16:57 PDT 2020
    No group 1

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: No group 1
    at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.start(Matcher.java:483)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegion.replaceContent(JSCodeRegion.java:112)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegion.<init>(JSCodeRegion.java:75)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegion.<init>(JSCodeRegion.java:46)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegionsDetector.getCodeRegion(JSCodeRegionsDetector.java:178)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegionsDetector.detect(JSCodeRegionsDetector.java:98)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.bridge.TernFileContext.getJSCodeContexts(TernFileContext.java:228)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler$PositionCollector.collectPositions(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:47)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.reconcilePositions(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:232)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.reconcile(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:198)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler$1.run(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:358)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

#658236 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Is the error being logged when editing JSF files from a particular project or any JSF files across the workspace?
    2. Please share the Java and JSF version details of the project.
    3. Also share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here)

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#658903 Reply

atomz4peace
    Participant

after updating today, still get this error message a lot when opening both jsf and java files. jsf 2.2, java 1.8, building for wildfly.

At the end of the log you’ll see the minimap errors and a missing pdetools plugin. Those came about when double-click maximizing the console view. Actually, it’s maximizing ANY view, console, servers, problems, search.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #658924 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that the errors persist. We could not replicate them at our end with MyEclipse 2019.12.5 or with the latest MyEclipse 2020 release.

1. Does the file you are editing have any JS snippet? Are you editing a JSP or XHTML file?
    2. Right click on the project > Properties > JavaScript > Include Path. Select the Technologies(Tern modules) tab and share the screenshot with us to help us check which modules are selected. If the screenshot does not list all the selections, then please type the enabled/checked technologies here.

Can you please start MyEclipse with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace, create a default Java project and check if the errors are logged with it. If no, then try importing your JSF project to the new workspace and check if the errors are logged.

In case you can replicate the errors with the JSF project, is it possible for you to share the zipped project with us to help us take a look? If you cannot share the project, then please share the contents of the JSF file to help us investigate further.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#659029 Reply

atomz4peace
    Participant

I started with clean, created a new workspace and test project with one xhtml file. Project zip is here.

When I open the xhtml file, I get a series of errors like this below. I would expect it’s just something to do with the tags in this file trying to get recognized but not. When I open the file, I get 16 identical messages. 6 came fast, then the others came several seconds later. Zip of the project is attached here.

Thank you.

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: No group 1
    at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.start(Matcher.java:483)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegion.replaceContent(JSCodeRegion.java:112)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegion.<init>(JSCodeRegion.java:75)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegion.<init>(JSCodeRegion.java:46)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegionsDetector.getCodeRegion(JSCodeRegionsDetector.java:178)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.coderegions.JSCodeRegionsDetector.detect(JSCodeRegionsDetector.java:98)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.bridge.TernFileContext.getJSCodeContexts(TernFileContext.java:228)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler$PositionCollector.collectPositions(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:47)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.reconcilePositions(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:232)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.reconcile(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:198)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.tern.web.ui.style.WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler$1.run(WebSemanticHighlightingReconciler.java:358)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by atomz4peace.
    Attachments:
    #659047 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the project files. We could replicate the errors at our end with your files.
    We are investigating further and will keep you posted about the fix soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#659086 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! We have been able to fix this “IndexOutOfBoundsException” error. The fix will be available in our next MyEclipse release. But it would be helpful if you can give it a try by patching your installation. In order to do it:

0. Shut down MyEclipse.
    1. Download and extract the attached plugins.zip file.
    2. Replace the jar with the one existing in your MyEclipse/plugins/ directory (make sure you are running MyEclipse 2020 first).
    3. Open the myeclipse.ini file located in your MyEclipse install directory and add -clean at the very top.
    4. Start MyEclipse and open your XHTML file. Make sure the exception is no longer present.
    5. Remove the -clean line from the myeclipse.ini file (no longer needed for further launches).

Attachments:
    #659106 Reply

atomz4peace
    Participant

That seems to work, thank you. I still had the filenotfound on logo.gif when I double-click expand the console, servers, or other views. Exception below. When that happens, it steals the focus to the error view, very annoying but not life-ending. This does NOT happen on the clean/new workspace so must be something on my old workspace, leftover for 6 years of ME.

I found the answer so will post it here in case anyone searches for it.

Since it’s about the old workspace I used grep to find where the logo.gif is listed since it no longer lives in the meexplorer package jar. I had an old saved perspective. When you save a perspective, it saves references to the logo icon in the workbench.xmi. When ME changed the meexplorer jar and switched from logo.gif to myeclipse.png, it started throwing the error because the logo.gif is no longer there. This was in the old workbench.xmi file in my workspace:

<sharedElements xsi:type="basic:Part" xmi:id="_aU5dJJdNEeqnCPHrf01T_w" elementId="com.genuitec.eclipse.meexplorer.MENavigator" contributionURI="bundleclass://org.eclipse.ui.workbench/org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityView" label="MyEclipse Explorer" iconURI="platform:/plugin/com.genuitec.eclipse.meexplorer/icons/logo.gif" closeable="true">

When I removed that old saved perspective and started over, the error went away.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /icons/logo.gif
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.url.bundleentry.Handler.findBundleEntry(Handler.java:55)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.url.BundleResourceHandler.openConnection(BundleResourceHandler.java:174)
    	at java.base/java.net.URL.openConnection(URL.java:1086)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformURLConnection.connect(PlatformURLConnection.java:115)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformURLConnection.getURLAsLocal(PlatformURLConnection.java:240)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformURLConverter.toFileURL(PlatformURLConverter.java:37)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.FileLocator.toFileURL(FileLocator.java:261)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.resource.URLImageDescriptor.getFilePath(URLImageDescriptor.java:232)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.resource.URLImageDescriptor.access$2(URLImageDescriptor.java:220)
    #659107 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for letting us know the patch works. Sweet! And thanks also for sharing your finding of the logi.gif error. It’s really helpful.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: outofbounds errors in error log

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in