facebook

PDT install error in MyEclipse CI 2018.8.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

James P. Clark
    Participant

I’m trying to install the latest version of the PHP Development Tools into ME CI 2018.8.0. Looks like a collision of different versions of the Structured Source Editor. Any ideas?

See attached screen shots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #594938 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

I just took a look and you’re right – you won’t be able to proceed with this installation, and I’m afraid I can’t suggest a workaround right now.

I’m not sure why those versions do not match, they should, and I do see the problem locally as well. We’ll investigate this at high priority, and keep you posted. Appreciate the immediate feedback.

#595617 Reply

guyrevision-ca
    Participant

This issue also blocks me.

I was impatiently waiting for MyEclipse 2018 to finally be able to use it with PDT 6 (since the sixth version of PDT requires at least Eclipse Photon)…

I tested the beta versions of PDT 6 within MyEclipse 2017 until the required libraries of newer builds broke the compatibility with it, finding PDT 6 enhancements very practical and worth waiting for MyEclipse 2018 and its Photon foundation.

So I won’t be able to fully upgrade to the new version until this issue has been fixed… I guess MyEclipse 2018 CI 1 will include the updated library…

Thanks a lot for taking this issue at high priority…

#596036 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry about the frustrating experience with the first Photon release – we realize this is a blocking issue for you, and likely many more users as well.

We already have internal builds on the updated versions of Webtools that will allow PDT to be installed, though these builds are still being tested. When ready, we’ll fast-track the release and post an update here.

Appreciate your patience.

#600918 Reply

guyrevision-ca
    Participant

PDT 6.0.0 now installs in MyEclipse 2018 20180903 release. Fine. I have now upgraded and it’s working fine.

Meanwhile, PDT 6.1.0 stable was made available, and it includes more improvements. But in the current release of MyEclipse 2018 (20180903), the upgrade fails due to the following error:

Missing requirement: PHP Development Tools (PDT) 6.1.0.201808281524 (org.eclipse.php.feature.group 6.1.0.201808281524) requires ‘org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.eclipse.wst.web_ui.feature.feature.group 3.11.0’ but it could not be found

Thanks for looking at this issue.

#600973 Reply

support-swapna

Glad that PDT 6.0.0 works fine with MyEclipse 2018.9.0.
    MyEclipse 2018.9.0 is based on Eclipse Photon 4.8 which is compatible with PDT 6.0.0. PDT 6.1.0 is compatible with Eclipse 4.9.0. I tried to install PDT 6.1 to Eclipse Photon and it fails with the same errors. You should be able to work with PDT 6.1.0 when we release MyEclipse which is based on Eclipse 4.9.

I have filed a request for the dev team to support PDT 6.1 and upgrade MyEclipse. We will keep you posted when the support is out.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: PDT install error in MyEclipse CI 2018.8.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in