facebook

Problems About Live Preview With MyEclipse 2016 CI 3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

xin053
    Participant

env:MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 2016 CI 3
    Build id: 14.0.0-20160503

problems:
    I am doing a j2ee project,when I enable live priview,I find that there are so mang “data-genuitec” attribute in all my jsp files.I guess you achieve the live preview by this attribute.But when I deploy the project.Tomcat throw a exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp (line: 2, column: 0) Forward has invalid attribute: data-genuitec
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:41)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:275)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:91)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.checkAttributes(JspUtil.java:200)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator$ValidateVisitor.visit(Validator.java:589)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$ForwardAction.accept(Node.java:1092)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2376)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2428)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2434)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:464)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2376)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator.validateExDirectives(Validator.java:1853)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:217)

And the index.jsp:
    <%@ page language=”java” import=”java.util.*” pageEncoding=”UTF-8″%>
    <jsp:forward page=”/login_toLogin” data-genuitec=”wc1-70-4980″/>

It seems like that the ‘org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.checkAttributes’ can’t recognize the ‘data-genuitec’. Then I delete that attribute in this file.And this time,no exception throws.I notice that other jsp files also have this attribute,but no exception throws.Maybe ‘org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.checkAttributes’ can’t resolve <jsp:forward/> tag.

But then comes the second problem:encoding.

I am a programer from China.We use UTF-8 all the time.When I enable the live preview,the chinese in the jsp file genarated by MyEclipse when I deploy the project become unreadable code,like:����.
    But I can’t find out where to solve the encoding problem.Is there somewhere I can config the encoding?

Then I disable the live preview.All things is OK!

I think live preview is very useful,so I don’t want to disable it.Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!

#485777 Reply

support-swapna

xin053,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with Live Preview. The issue with the data-genuitec attribute is a known one when namespaces are used in the top level element and the fix will be out soon with our next update.

I could replicate the issue with the encoding at my end. I have filed a bug with the dev team for further investigation. We will keep you posted about the fix soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#485915 Reply

xin053
    Participant

It is alright.And thanks for developing such a amazing program.I am long for next update.

#487544 Reply

support-swapna

xin053,

An update to MyEclipse 2016 CI is out with the fixes for the issues you reported. Can you please update to MyEclipse 2016 CI 4 from Help > Check for Updates and check how it works?

With the latest update, to use Live Preview, you will now need to turn on CodeLive per server, and then select the files you want to use CodeLive. The first time you view you web project in a browser, you can select the files that will utilize CodeLive. This change in Live Preview optimizes performance by injecting only the necessary files.

Here is the updated documentation for Live Preview using CodeLive : https://www.genuitec.com/products/webclipse/learning-center/using-live-preview/

Let us know how it works for you. Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#487561 Reply

xin053
    Participant

It works very well! Thank you very much.Now I can choose which file to have the live preview(code live) feature through the panel in my browser.It is very convenient.No more exception and no more encoding problems.It’s very useful,really.And I am expected for the next upgrade for the feature:”Hover on a element to see where it comes from in code” and other amazing features.

Thanks a lot again.

#487573 Reply

support-swapna

xin053,

Thank you for updating to MyEclipse 2016 CI 4. Glad that the issues are resolved. We appreciate your feedback.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problems About Live Preview With MyEclipse 2016 CI 3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in