facebook

Problems with HTML Editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

What determines inordinately large? I am running at 1280 X 1024…not that large by my standards.

Sorry, I meant “do you have a lot of large projects open” projects with many thousands of files in them, that sort of thing.

What inconsistancies are you referring to?

You have JRE references still to JRE 1.5 and JRE 1.3, WebLogic and Tomcat are setup to launch with the 1.5 JRE, and no -vm argument was specified to tell Eclipse to use a JDK to launch with, so JSP validation most likely doesn’t work (unless you already have your JDK’s bin dir in your system PATH). But all of this is harmless and wouldn’t explain the crashing.

I’m honestly at a loss. If you are able to come up with a consistent test case with a fresh Eclipse/MyEclipse/Workspace install then we can fix the bug, but without a reproducable case there isn’t much we can do.

One last thing, have you tried shutting down MyEclipse, editing your shortcut and adding -clean to the front of it then starting MyEclipse again (and removing clean) to see if that helps?

#224937 Reply

Sprint-TX

Not yet….but I will ;-). What does the ‘-clean’ switch do?

#224939 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What does the ‘-clean’ switch do?

It tells Eclipse to rebuild it’s plugin cache. This is 1-step better than nothing, but not quite as good as a fresh workspace. But for people that don’t want to monkey around with recreating a workspace but are having strange behavior in their Eclipse install, it’s perfect. You will notice startup takes longer (just the 1 time you use it) because it doesn’t read from the cache but kills it and rebuilds it.

#225008 Reply

Sprint-TX

OK. I have used the “clean swith like so…

E:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -clean -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xmx512M -Dosgi.splashLocation="E:\MyEclipse\eclipse\MyEclipseSplash.bmp" 

…and will continue to watch this. However, since I was not having any issues with 3.8.3 GA with the additional plug-ins that I have installed (Subclipse, omondo UML), AND that I have removed JDK 1.5 and went back to 1.4.2, I still believe that the problem is with 3.8.4 GA. Please continue to investigate this issue and I will let you know what I find out…

#225031 Reply

Sprint-TX

Well…that didn’t work. This is getting really frustrating! It is still happening even after the -clean switch. I am completely dependent on this tool to get my job done and these failures are catastrophic and time consuming.

#225034 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Spring,
    I scrolled back to the beginning of this thread and noticed that you never tried (or reported) the use of the -vm switch to directly specify your JDK’s javaw.exe executable.Please try that and let me know what happens.

#225091 Reply

Sprint-TX

I will try that, but since the last version of java installed is 1.4.2, shouldn’t it use it by default, esp. since when I do a java -version from the command prompt it comes up with the following:

java version "1.4.2_06"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_06-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_06-b03, mixed mode)

#225092 Reply

Sprint-TX

Ok, here is my new startup line…

E:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm E:\java\j2sdk1.4.2_06\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xmx256M -Dosgi.splashLocation="E:\MyEclipse\eclipse\MyEclipseSplash.bmp" 

#225094 Reply

Sprint-TX

NO GOOD!!!! It just happened again….please wait while I re-start Eclipse! 🙁

#225135 Reply

Sprint-TX

I am assuming that since you have not responded to the last comment that I have made, that you have abandoned trying to solve this issue???

#225137 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sprint,
    I have asked two others to take a look at this as I am completely out of ideas. One got back to me already and said he has no idea and I am waiting for the other one to reply.

#225139 Reply

Sprint-TX

Is there anything else that I can send you that would assist in troubleshooting this issue?

#225140 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Not at this time.

Have you been able to confirm this behavior on any other machines?

#225142 Reply

Sprint-TX

Unfortunately I have only one machine to work on and am not able to verify if this is isolated to only this machine.

#225143 Reply

Riyad Kalla

There is no more info I need at this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
Reply To: Problems with HTML Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in