facebook

Project Creation Fails

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cohilsenrath
    Participant

Greetings,

I’ve just installed Webclipse into Eclipse Neon and I’m trying to create a new project. I’m seeing the following errors and the project creation fails:

Downloading and extracting Node 7.4.0…
    Download of Node 7.4.0 failed

I am attempting to create this project in a corporate environment behind a firewall. I have successfully created projects in my home environment, so I think this may have something to do with the firewall. I have set up manual proxy entries in Preferences->General->Network Connections but that has not solved the issue.

If I cannot get this resolved I’ll have to abandon Webclipse here and switch to IntelliJ, which I don’t want to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Craig

#515227 Reply

cohilsenrath
    Participant

Update:

I installed v7.7.2 of node.js and it’s still trying to do the download. Does it need exactly 7.4.0? I can’t even create the A2 project outside of Eclipse now.

This is very frustrating and dampening my enthusiasm for A2 as well.

#515410 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

I’m afraid the proxy support is not yet in there for Terminal+, though we hope to get that into the next release.

You say that you can’t create an Angular2 project outside of eclipse, either. You don’t say what the problem is there but it’s difficult to see how that is related to eclipse. If you can create an Angular project outside of eclipse you can import that into eclipse using File->Import->Angular 2->Angular 2 Project.

Some additional information that may help is that proxy information for npm can be set in the .npmrc file in your home folder. You should add lines similar to the following:

proxy=http://proxy.company.com:8080/
    https-proxy=http://proxy.company.com:8080

This won’t help with the node download at the start of project creation in eclipse, though, since that isn’t done through npm.

Please let us know how you get on or if you have more questions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by support-tony. Reason: Added .npmrc info
    #515452 Reply

cohilsenrath
    Participant

Thanks Tony. Do I need Node 7.x? The version meisters here prefer that I use 6.10.0.

#515510 Reply

cohilsenrath
    Participant

I was able to create the project outside of Eclipse but the plugin insists on trying to download Nodejs 7. I have installed Node 7.7.2 and NPM 3.10.10 in the .webeclipse folder in my home folder. I have it set up exactly as a successful installation on a MAC. I have spent the better part of two days trying to get this to work. If I cannot get it to work today I just can’t use the plugin.

#515531 Reply

Hi cohilsenrath,

In order to prevent downloading node again, you can copy node to .webclipse/nodejs/$VERSION, if you want to use 6.10.0 it should look like (e.g. .webclipse/nodejs/6.10.0).
    Then register this node runtime by Window -> Preferences -> JavaScript -> Runtimes -> Add.
    Here you need to select the bin file (e.g. .webclipse/nodejs/6.10.0/bin/node) and the click Finish and then OK.

During the import process, there is an extra package that needs to get installed that improves the integration with Angular (angular-ide), so you still need to use the process described in https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/project-creation-fails/#post-515410

Best Regards,
    Sal

#520143 Reply

support-swapna

Craig,

The proxy issue when accessing Angular features is fixed in release CI 4. Please go to Help > Webclipse > Check for Updates and update to the latest release (CI 4a). With the latest release, as long as you have your proxy correctly configured, you should have full access to all our Angular features.

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Project Creation Fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in