facebook

Project Migration Error

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Cary Clark
    Participant

Migration fails for several projects. Following are the entries from .log and the metadata files are attached.

Thanks,
    Cary

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.migration 4 0 2017-12-12 12:46:10.868
    !MESSAGE Operation “Migrate ME Project references and deployment settings to Deployment Assembly” has failed to perform migration actions. Error for project stafftrack_iqn.
    !STACK 1
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Operation “Migrate ME Project references and deployment settings to Deployment Assembly” has failed to perform migration actions. Error for project stafftrack_iqn.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.internal.MigratingProject.internalPerformMigration(MigratingProject.java:693)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.MigratingObject.performMigration(MigratingObject.java:758)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.ObjectsMigrationJob$1.run(ObjectsMigrationJob.java:164)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2240)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2262)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.ObjectsMigrationJob.run(ObjectsMigrationJob.java:159)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.initMappings(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:128)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.init(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:103)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:87)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.SimpleModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(SimpleModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:13)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.EJBProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(EJBProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:14)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.DeploymentAssemblyConfiguratorFactory.create(DeploymentAssemblyConfiguratorFactory.java:22)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.MEDeploymentAssemblyMigration.perform(MEDeploymentAssemblyMigration.java:49)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.AbstractProjectMigrationDelegate.perform(AbstractProjectMigrationDelegate.java:107)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.MigrationOperation.perform(MigrationOperation.java:110)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.internal.MigratingProject.internalPerformMigration(MigratingProject.java:687)
    … 6 more
    !SUBENTRY 1 com.genuitec.eclipse.migration 4 0 2017-12-12 12:46:10.869
    !MESSAGE Operation “Migrate ME Project references and deployment settings to Deployment Assembly” has failed to perform migration actions. Error for project stafftrack_iqn.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.initMappings(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:128)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.init(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:103)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:87)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.SimpleModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(SimpleModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:13)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.EJBProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(EJBProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:14)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.DeploymentAssemblyConfiguratorFactory.create(DeploymentAssemblyConfiguratorFactory.java:22)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.MEDeploymentAssemblyMigration.perform(MEDeploymentAssemblyMigration.java:49)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.AbstractProjectMigrationDelegate.perform(AbstractProjectMigrationDelegate.java:107)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.MigrationOperation.perform(MigrationOperation.java:110)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.internal.MigratingProject.internalPerformMigration(MigratingProject.java:687)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.MigratingObject.performMigration(MigratingObject.java:758)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.ObjectsMigrationJob$1.run(ObjectsMigrationJob.java:164)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.ObjectsMigrationJob.run(ObjectsMigrationJob.java:159)
    !SUBENTRY 1 com.genuitec.eclipse.migration 4 0 2017-12-12 12:46:10.869
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #544978 Reply

support-swapna

Cary,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with project migration. Thank you for the project files and the error details. From the stacktrace it looks like the project is associated with an EAR but the EAR itself is not selected for migration.

1. Can you please clarify if you are migrating the projects in isolation or selecting all related projects at the same time?

2. Please share with us the version of MyEclipse you worked with earlier and the version you are currently working with in which the migration fails. Also share with us the OS and version details.

3. Please share with us the complete error log from the Error Log view. Click the ‘Export Log’ icon and send us the complete log to help us check if there are any other problems.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#544994 Reply

Cary Clark
    Participant

1. I’ve tried both single project migration and all projects at the same time.

2. These projects were created long before I came to the company back mid-2014. I honestly don’t remember what version I ran back then (seems as though it was a 2010 version), but have upgraded diligently along the way. I never was able to migrate the projects. I’m currently running Version: 2017 CI 9, Build id: 15.0.1-20171114. It’s running on Windows 7 Professional.

3. Log attached

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Cary Clark.
    Attachments:
    #545028 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Cary,

Thank you for the additional notes – the log looks exactly the same, so unfortunately does not give us any new information.

From the stack trace, there appears to be a problem with EAR metadata. I assume you are trying to migrate all the projects, including the EAR – but our migration code can’t find some required metadata in the EAR and errors out.

1) Could you send us a screenshot of the migration view, just to help us get a better visual of the projects involved?
    2) Can you send us the metadata of the EAR project (just like you had of the EJB project earlier?) This is likely where the migration code is tripping.

#545032 Reply

Cary Clark
    Participant

The error log was from me selecting only the stafftrack_iqn project from the list in the Workspace Migration view and choosing Migrate from its context menu. I’ve attached a couple of screen shots and a ZIP of EAR metadata.

Attachments:
    #545057 Reply

support-swapna

Cary,

Thank you for the EAR project’s metadata. I could replicate the migration problem at my end. I have filed a bug for the dev team and they are looking into it. We will get back to you soon with the fix details.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#545091 Reply

Cary Clark
    Participant

Great, thanks.

Cary

#545338 Reply

support-swapna

Cary,

We have identified why the migration is failing. Your ear project is missing the j2ee-spec="6.0" attribute.

The workaround is to add the j2ee-spec to the .mymetadata file as shown below :

<enterprise-project
      version="1.0.0"
      name="stafftrack_ear"
      id="myeclipse.1070644939360"
      j2ee-spec="6.0" archive="stafftrack_ear.ear">

Please find the complete .mymetadata file for your ear project attached.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    #545382 Reply

Cary Clark
    Participant

Thanks, Swapna. That fixed it and allowed all projects to migrate.

Cary

#545528 Reply

support-swapna

Cary,

Glad that it works. Thank you for trying the workaround and getting back to us.
    The fix will be out with our next update. We will keep you posted about it.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#545688 Reply

support-swapna

Cary,

The fix for the migration issue you reported is out with our latest release, 2017 CI 10. Please update to CI 10 from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Project Migration Error

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in