facebook

questions on quickstarts tutorial (firstejb)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

yetang

hi, I am new to J2EE, and find myeclipse is a very useful tool. I am following http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/firstejb/ to get started.

env: win2k sp4, j2sdk1.4.2_06, jboss 4.0.0, MySql 4.0, Eclipse 3.0.0, MyEclipse 3.8.2 trial, all fresh installed with no updates.

Q1: i want xdoclet support. if i select j2ee1.3 as my j2ee specification level, would it give me unexpected result on jboss4.0 which supposed to run under j2ee1.4 only?

Q2: i need add <dao> in doclet. in LOMBOZ, i only need to add line like <dao pattern=”{0}” destDir=”${project.dir}/${ejbsrc.dir}” />. how property and value should i fill in ? any docs for that ?

Q3: how can i write a servlet in myEclipse? is there any tutorial?

thanx

#217803 Reply

Riyad Kalla

A1: It should not give you any problems as JBoss will be backwards compliant with J2EE 1.3

A2: Go to your Project Properties > MyEclipse-XDoclet preference page, right click in the white space, “Add Standard” and select EJB (if it is NOT already there). Then do down to the doclet paremter box, right click on “ejbdoclet” and click “Add” then select “DAO”, now fill in the parameters for this just as you would do with Lomboz (pattern and destDir).

A3: File > New > Servlet (from ME perspective), or File > New > Other… > J2EE > Web > Servlet, select the type and hit Finish.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: questions on quickstarts tutorial (firstejb)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in