facebook

Random white background with Darkest Dark theme in Eclipse Package Explorer

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

imode69
    Participant

IDE Package: Eclipse for Java
    IDE Version: Eclipse 4.9.0
    OS Version: MacOS 10.14
    Relevant Plugins Installed: DevStyle 1.11.0.201810241355, Spring Tool Suite 4.0.1.201810300749-RELEASE
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Randomly occurs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #602957 Reply

Aaron Lara

@imode69, Sorry you are seeing this issue 🙁 Can you verify what color is set for Uncommited Change (Backgroud) on Window > Preferences > General > Appearance > Colors and fonts?

It’s likely this preference is being overriden by one of the plugins in the installation.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#602958 Reply

imode69
    Participant

Ah… OK, It seems that this preference is not being controlled by the DevStyle plugin? For me it’s under: General->Appearance->Colors and Fonts->Git->Uncommitted Change (background) see attached. So I manually adjusted the foreground and background to make it look cleaner. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by imode69.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #602961 Reply

Aaron Lara

Yes, DevStyle does control that preference as well and it should set a dark color for it. But it’s possible that a third party plugin is overriding it. It could be oomph or something else in STS. You can manually set a better color for now. but one thing you can try is:
    – Go to DevStyle > Color Themes
    – Check “Force Colors”
    – Apply

See if it does any difference.

#602962 Reply

imode69
    Participant

I actually tried that earlier and it didn’t work. My installation is vanilla Eclipse 2018-09 (4.9.0) and the only plugins I’m using are DevStyle and Spring Tool Suite. Manually setting it is fine for now. Anyway, thank you!!! It was driving me crazy and I since I’m very new to Eclipse I wasn’t sure how to fix it.

#603217 Reply

support-swapna

Sorry that the ‘Force color’ suggestion did not help. We will continue to investigate this problem.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#608554 Reply

raphi
    Participant

I’ve got the same bug with devstyle and Eclipse 2018-12 (4.10.0)

I had to set Window -> General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts -> Git -> Uncommitted Change (Background) to following Value RGB (28,31,34) = normal background color of project explorer.

Maybe this issue should be fixed with the darkest dark theme.

Greets,
    Raphi

#608570 Reply

jhugohr

Hey Raphi,

Thank you for sharing us your findings. We will continue to investigate this problem.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

Hugo Herrera,
    Genuitec Support Team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Random white background with Darkest Dark theme in Eclipse Package Explorer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in