facebook

Reports designed in report designer had issues in runtime

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. MyEclipse Reports
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ed ross

I design reports in the MyEclipse report designer, then take the rtpdesign file and use is as part of my ant task.

Started getting this issues when using reports designed with the MyEclipse designer.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

thx

[CCIAnt] Feb 13, 2009 8:25:42 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.ExtensionLoader handleError
       [CCIAnt] SEVERE: Message:The class [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.script.EngineScriptableClassInfo] can not be instantiated. Error code:FAILED_TO_CREATE_INSTANCE 
       [CCIAnt] Feb 13, 2009 8:25:46 AM org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver doGetDriverManifest
       [CCIAnt] SEVERE: Cannot process data source extension configuration.
       [CCIAnt] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: com.genuitec.eclipse.reporting.oda
       [CCIAnt]     at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.util.manifest.ManifestExplorer.getExtensionManifest(ManifestExplorer.java:200)
       [CCIAnt]     at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.doGetDriverManifest(Driver.java:147)
       [CCIAnt]     at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.findDataSourceExtensionConfig(Driver.java:123)
       [CCIAnt]     at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.getDriverExtensionConfig(Driver.java:78)
       [CCIAnt]     at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.getExtensionConfig(Driver.java:60)
       [CCIAnt]     at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.getDriverHelper(Driver.java:93)
       [CCIAnt]     at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.DriverManager.getDriverHelper(DriverManager.java:97)

#294791 Reply

Loyal Water

edross,
    Can you please give me a more detailed explanation of what exactly you did when you ran into this issue.

#294825 Reply

Ed ross

I design the reports using MyEclipse report designer. I then take the rpt design and move it into a reports directory.
    I have created an ant task that sets up the report engine (Using the Runtime from the eclipse page) and wish to generate pdf reports.

This worked ok in MyEclipse 6.x, but I get the above error in MyEclipse 7.
    If I use the “all in one package” from the Eclipse download to design the report I don’t seem to encounter this problem. I prefer to use the MyEclipse version to keep all of my datasources and definitions in one place.

#294870 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ed,

MyEclipse Reports was upgraded in the MyEclipse 7.0 release to the latest BIRT platform, it’s possible the APIs have changed for that class (possibly deprecated?) It’s hard to tell, not really a usage scenario I’ve tried before.

#294892 Reply

rmcvay

BIRT does not suffer gladly report designs from an earlier version.

#295107 Reply

Ed ross

The problem is that your reports have
    com.genuitec.eclipse.reporting.oda

Normal birt reports use a more generic datasource/driver

I think If you could just tell me which jar(s)& data resource files to copy to the reportEngineHome from eclipse this might work.

#319388 Reply

Maturin

Hi Edross,

Sorry posting on this old post but I also want to schedule MyEclipse Birt reports tu run and I am having the same error…

I am not sure this is fixable easilty as MyEclipse reports are not standard BIRT reports!
    I was wondering did you ever get it to work?

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reports designed in report designer had issues in runtime

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in