facebook

Road Map : 5.0 : AJAX Support : DWR ?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Noticed that “AJAX Support” is on the “Road Map” for 5.0. Also saw several posts suggesting DWR as the initial “Ajax” implementation supported.

Question: Is DWR going to be supported?

(Supported = code completion for DWR JavaScript functions. That would be “good enough” for an initial implementation.)

_Marvin

#251468 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

For ME5.0 our current focus is the full port to Eclipse 3.2, WTP 1.5, webservices, ejb3… Following this we will cherry pick additional features that fit into the 5.0 timeframe. At this time, DWR features are being discussed as a post 5.0 initiative.

If other readers have strong feelings about this feature-set please feel free to comment.

#251527 Reply

bbarnett

I am a huge fan of myeclipse and consider it absolutely essential to my development process … with that said, I also am utilizing DWR extensively and would definitely love any tool that would speed up the coding process.

It would also be nice if you have something to assist in generating the xml config as well as the js code complete.

#251531 Reply

kulkarni_ash

hi
    I am also using myeclipse ide, would love to see DWR integrated with myeclipseide,
    with code completion help, this would ease a lot of development
    Also would like to see Dojo integrated since it has widgets for standard ajax components

#251535 Reply

Joe Walker

I’m the lead developer of DWR, and I’d be keen to get DWR support in MyEclipse.

If you need any help: [joe at getahead dot ltd dot uk]
    Thanks,

Joe.

#251539 Reply

Jay Graves

I am also a MyEclipse and DWR user. DWR support in MyEclipse would be a big help to me.

#251585 Reply

Kyle Adams

Ditto on the MyEclipse/DWR user.

#251598 Reply

If you can integrate DWR support into MyEclipse, it would greatly help.

#251626 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys keep the requests comming, I’m pinging mangement letting them know the demand is there and about Joe’s offer (Joe thanks for showing interest that always helps).

I also have to add, if DWR isn’t in 5.0 don’t feel ignored or bad, our management team plans out releases months in advanced, and only under extreme situations let’s big things slip in near the end. I would add though that talk of DWR has come up internally well before this post, so they are aware of it’s power and the attraction of having support integrated.

#251645 Reply

Steven Leija

I too use DWR and MyEclipseIDE and would love for this framework to be incorporated into the MyEclipseIDE.

Thanks,

Steven

#252022 Reply

garnoopy

Good news, pleased to hear that!

#252245 Reply

peon303
    Participant

I am also a MyEclipse and DWR user. DWR support in MyEclipse would be awesome!

#252641 Reply

I too use DWR and would love to see this support.

#252662 Reply

@support-michael wrote:

For ME5.0 our current focus is the full port to Eclipse 3.2, WTP 1.5, webservices, ejb3… Following this we will cherry pick additional features that fit into the 5.0 timeframe. At this time, DWR features are being discussed as a post 5.0 initiative.

I’m extreemly pleased to read this direction. I planned to decide between WTP 1.5 and MyEclipse 5.0 in september, now I can see that the best choice should be ME 5.0 including WTP 1.5. EJB3 and JBoss support remains critical for us. The quality of ME is also a very important point.

Bernard

#262802 Reply

kfur

PLEASE, add dojo. Can code completion be added by a user?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Road Map : 5.0 : AJAX Support : DWR ?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in