facebook

Simple Web Service will Not Deploy to Latest GlassFish 3

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

When trying to deploy a simple Web Service using MyEclipse 8.5 to Glassfish 3 (latest version with all updates as of 3-30-2010), I get the error stack below (bottom line: deploy failed).

The Web Service deploys to Tomcat, but has a NullPointerException due to the @Resource injection problem I keep trying to get your help with (as this ‘may’ be a problem with the deployed MyEclipse jar files).

I created the simple web service using MyEclipse tools.

I’ve already sent Genuitec the sample code (service, client, and even deployed Tomcat application) for the NullPointerException problem on Tomcat I’ve yet to hear back about.

This is getting more than a little frustrating…

Thanks.

— M

[#|2010-03-30T08:11:40.061-0400|SEVERE|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.server|_ThreadID=24;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Exception while deploying the app
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Servlet [HelloServletDelegate] and Servlet [HelloServlet] have the same url pattern: [/HelloServletService]at org.glassfish.apf.AnnotationInfo@de8aa5
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.readAnnotations(Archivist.java:478)
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.readAnnotations(Archivist.java:420)
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.readRestDeploymentDescriptors(Archivist.java:396)
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.openWith(Archivist.java:259)
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.ApplicationFactory.openWith(ApplicationFactory.java:222)
    at org.glassfish.javaee.core.deployment.DolProvider.load(DolProvider.java:145)
    at org.glassfish.javaee.core.deployment.DolProvider.load(DolProvider.java:78)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.loadDeployer(ApplicationLifecycle.java:612)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.setupContainerInfos(ApplicationLifecycle.java:554)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:262)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:183)
    at org.glassfish.deployment.admin.DeployCommand.execute(DeployCommand.java:272)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl$1.execute(CommandRunnerImpl.java:310)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl.doCommand(CommandRunnerImpl.java:320)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl.doCommand(CommandRunnerImpl.java:1176)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl.access$900(CommandRunnerImpl.java:83)
    at com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl$ExecutionContext.execute(CommandRunnerImpl.java:1235)
    at org.glassfish.deployment.autodeploy.AutoOperation.run(AutoOperation.java:141)
    at org.glassfish.deployment.autodeploy.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:573)
    at org.glassfish.deployment.autodeploy.AutoDeployer.deployAll(AutoDeployer.java:459)
    at org.glassfish.deployment.autodeploy.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:391)
    at org.glassfish.deployment.autodeploy.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:376)
    at org.glassfish.deployment.autodeploy.AutoDeployService$1.run(AutoDeployService.java:195)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
    Caused by: Servlet [HelloServletDelegate] and Servlet [HelloServlet] have the same url pattern: [/HelloServletService]at org.glassfish.apf.AnnotationInfo@de8aa5
    at org.glassfish.apf.impl.AnnotationProcessorImpl.process(AnnotationProcessorImpl.java:360)
    at org.glassfish.apf.impl.AnnotationProcessorImpl.process(AnnotationProcessorImpl.java:368)
    at org.glassfish.apf.impl.AnnotationProcessorImpl.processAnnotations(AnnotationProcessorImpl.java:282)
    at org.glassfish.apf.impl.AnnotationProcessorImpl.process(AnnotationProcessorImpl.java:188)
    at org.glassfish.apf.impl.AnnotationProcessorImpl.process(AnnotationProcessorImpl.java:129)
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.processAnnotations(Archivist.java:581)
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.archivist.Archivist.readAnnotations(Archivist.java:433)
    … 24 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Servlet [HelloServletDelegate] and Servlet [HelloServlet] have the same url pattern: [/HelloServletService]
    at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.WebBundleDescriptor.addWebComponentDescriptor(WebBundleDescriptor.java:360)
    at org.glassfish.webservices.annotation.handlers.WebServiceHandler.processAnnotation(WebServiceHandler.java:412)
    at org.glassfish.apf.impl.AnnotationProcessorImpl.process(AnnotationProcessorImpl.java:337)
    … 30 more
    |#]

#307321 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Mork,

We researched this issue and determined that it’s an error in your application (not MyEclipse) that can be corrected by either updating the the xml or the java source.

You can change the endpoint implementation to be:

<?xml version = "1.0"?>
    <endpoints version="2.0"
        xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-ws/ri/runtime">
        <endpoint name="HelloServletPort"
            implementation="servletws.HelloServletDelegate"
            url-pattern="/HelloServletPort">
        </endpoint></endpoints>

OR
    You can change the java files to pass the context from delegate class to the POJO class (attached zip).

Moving this from Bugs to Web Services Forum.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #307323 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Hi Scott,

How can it not be a bug in MyEclipse when MyEclipse generated these files?

I used the MyEclipse wizards to create everything using the simplest of applications.

Look forward to your reply on this point.

In any case, your “fixed” xml file appears to me to be identical to the one I sent you:

<?xml version = “1.0”?>
    <endpoints version=”2.0″
    xmlns=”http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-ws/ri/runtime”&gt;
    <endpoint name=”HelloServletPort”
    implementation=”servletws.HelloServletDelegate”
    url-pattern=”/HelloServletPort”>
    </endpoint></endpoints>

M

#307359 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

M,

How can it not be a bug in MyEclipse when MyEclipse generated these files?

I think we can agree that MyEclipse can’t be expected to generate a working web service based on *any* input and that there will be limitations to any generation technology. In this case, MyEclipse expects you to provide it with a POJO from which to generate a web service. However, you didn’t do that. You gave it a Java class that already contained an @webservice and @resource tag, thereby making it some sort of a non-functioning web service hybrid. As a result, the generation could not take this input and figure out what was intended to create a working webservice. If you remove the @webservice and @resource tags then then generation will succeed. If you then want to use the @resource tag, you should place it in the generated delegate class. That’s what is done in the example I attached. Going forward, we’re looking into enhancing our error reporting so that it is quite clear when you’ve provided input that is not compliant with what is expected so that such confusion can be avoided in the future.

#307360 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Thanks Scott. Better MyEclipse errors is something I’ve been requesting for a long time now.

In any case, to address your main comment. I’ve gotten this Web Service to work fine under Tomcat now (with the @Resource working).

The “revised” code you sent me wasn’t correct for my needs.

Thanks.

M

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Simple Web Service will Not Deploy to Latest GlassFish 3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in