facebook

Split: EJB Deploy fails with RMIC not installed error

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

karanchhabada
    Participant

I’m facing the same issue. I have installed latest MyEclipse 2017.
    Using WAS 9 JDK8.
    Below is the log attached.
    I have tried running eclipse Run as administrator, still no luck.
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy 4 0 2017-06-05 23:25:27.213
    !MESSAGE EJB deploy failed
    !SUBENTRY 1 com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy 4 0 2017-06-05 23:25:27.213
    !MESSAGE Error while processing project FW: com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: Cannot run RMIC because it is not installed. Expected location of RMIC is the following: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\8.0\bin\
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: Cannot run RMIC because it is not installed. Expected location of RMIC is the following: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\8.0\bin\
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.was9.EJBDeployService.processEJBProject(EJBDeployService.java:261)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.service.ProxyEJBDeployService.processEJBProject(ProxyEJBDeployService.java:48)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.service.ProxyEJBDeployService.processEJBProject(ProxyEJBDeployService.java:52)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.EJBDeployJob.processProject(EJBDeployJob.java:526)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.EJBDeployJob.run(EJBDeployJob.java:432)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
    Caused by: com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: Cannot run RMIC because it is not installed. Expected location of RMIC is the following: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\8.0\bin\
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.invokeCommandLine(RMICOperation.java:916)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.rmic(RMICOperation.java:1214)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.generateStubs(RMICOperation.java:342)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.run(RMICOperation.java:1246)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.doit(RMICOperation.java:202)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy.was9.EJBDeployService.processEJBProject(EJBDeployService.java:249)
    … 13 more

#525860 Reply

support-swapna

Karan,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. The problem might also be due to launching Websphere with an unsupported version of JRE.

While I try to replicate the issue at my end, can you please clarify if you have configured the Websphere 9 with the JDK that is shipped with it? Double click on the WAS 9.x in the Servers view to open the Overview page. Click ‘Runtime Environment’ and then check if the configured JDK is the one shipped with WAS or the one in the Installed JREs.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#525861 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I verified configured JDK and it is the same as shipped with IBM WAS.

#525880 Reply

Todd Williams

Karan,

Just an idea here, but what is your JAVA_HOME environment variable set to? If it is not pointing to the IBM JDK’s home, you might try changing it to point to that. Naturally, you’ll have to restart MyEclipse so it sees the new setting if you wan to try this.

Finally, could you post the “top” of your log file that is written upon startup? It will be the last entry that begins with !SESSION and should look like this:

!SESSION 2017-05-10 14:21:44.409 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=15.0.0.CI-004
    java.version=1.8.0_112
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/todd/.eclipse_keyring
    Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/todd/.eclipse_keyring

#525895 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Hi Todd,

Please find log file details below,

!SESSION 2017-06-07 15:13:47.641 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=15.0.0.Stable-001
    java.version=1.8.0_112
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

#525995 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Karan,

I couldn’t replicate the issue but I’m not sure what the setup of your system is. Could you answer a few more questions, please:

1. What is your Operating System?
    2. Are you running both MyEclipse and WAS 9 as 32 bit applications?
    3. Please provide the output from Help->Installation Summary->Installation details, you can copy the output to a clipboard, paste it into a new text file and attach it here. (Note, please attach the output only from the path given, not the output available via the Help/About dialog)
    4. Confirm that the target runtime for the project is the WAS JRE. Right click on the EJB project and go to Properties->Project Libraries->Targeted Runtimes, to confirm.
    5. Have you managed to run EJB Deploy for this project, previously, with another release of MyEclipse? If so, which release worked for you?
    6. Did you check your JAVA_HOME environment variable as Todd suggested?

Please let us have the above information to help us replicate the issue.

#526031 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Hey Tony,

I did JAVA_HOME changes but no luck.
    I’m working on 64 bit Windows OS.

target runtime for project is WAS jre only.
    Attached is the installation info for MyEclipse and WAS 9.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by karanchhabada.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #526098 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

karan,

Thank you for the information. You haven’t answered all my questions but, from what you’ve sent, I notice that WAS 9 is installed in C:\Data\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer but the error in your initial post indicates EJB Deploy was looking for rmic in a folder under C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer. Could you please check that the JRE you’ve defined for WAS is pointing to the correct folder. In addition, in your reply to Todd, the error log info suggests you were running a 32 bit install of MyEclipse (“ARCH=x86”, instead of “ARCH=x86_64”), whilst the MyEclipse installation details you sent show that you are actually running the 64 bit version of MyEclipse.

Consequently, we’re a bit confused by these apparent contradictions. Could you please ensure that the WAS 9 server runtime is set up correctly in MyEclipse and pointing to the JDK that comes with WAS 9? As far as I can tell, this should be `C:\Data\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\8.0
    :\Data\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer`

Please let us know how you get on.

#526101 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Sorry for the confusion.
    Actually I have done fresh setup on another machine and It has WAS 64 bit, MyEclipse 64 bit.
    And Installed path is also same as C:\DATA\IBM\WebSphere

I have attached latest log file for reference.

One more thing when I tried to point -vm argument to point to Websphere jvm, I’m getting integrity check error.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #526106 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

karan,

Thanks for clearing that up. So you’re running MyEclipse 2017 Stable 1.0, 64 bit version, WAS 9.0, 64 bit version, on Windows 10.

I’ve set up a similar environment and installed WAS 9.0. Oddly, soon after installation, I couldn’t see the rmic.exe file in the java\8.0\bin folder, although it did appear later. I don’t know what happened there but it does prompt me to ask you to check that the file is there. Can you execute C:\DATA\IBM\WebSphere\java\8.0\bin\rmic at a Windows command prompt? Other than that odd temporary situation, I couldn’t replicate your problem, with EJB Deploy finding the rmic executable just fine. However, if I remove/rename rmic.exe then I see the same problem you do.

So, please check that you can execute the rmic command as mentioned above and let us know how you get on. Also, if that executes at the command line, please try the EJB Deploy action again.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by support-tony.
    #526109 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

C:\Users\auttarwar>C:\DATA\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\8.0\bin\rmic
    Usage: rmic <options> <class names>

where <options> includes:

-keep Do not delete intermediate generated source files
    -keepgenerated (same as “-keep”)
    -v1.1 Create JRMP stubs for JDK 1.1 stub protocol version
    -vcompat Create JRMP stubs compatible with both
    JDK 1.1 and 1.2 stub protocol versions
    -v1.2 (default) Create stubs for JDK 1.2 JRMP stub protocol version only
    -iiop Create stubs for IIOP. When present, <options> also includes:

-always Create stubs even when they appear current
    -alwaysgenerate (same as “-always”)
    -nolocalstubs Do not create stubs optimized for same process
    -version Print out the build version
    -poa Create POA skeleton

-idl Create IDL. When present, <options> also includes:

-noValueMethods Do not generate methods for valuetypes
    -idlModule <fromJavaPackage<.class>> <toIDLModule>
    Specify IDLEntity package mapping
    eg -idlModule foo.bar my::real::idlmod
    -idlFile <fromJavaPackage<.class>> <toIDLFile>
    Specify IDLEntity file mapping
    eg -idlFile test.pkg.X TEST16.idl
    -always Create IDL even when it appears current
    -alwaysgenerate (same as “-always”)
    -version Print out the build version

-mnt Create a Mangled Name Table file
    -g Generate debugging info
    -nowarn Generate no warnings
    -nowrite Do not write compiled classes to the file system
    -verbose Output messages about what the compiler is doing
    -classpath <path> Specify where to find input class files
    -bootclasspath <path> Override location of bootstrap class files
    -extdirs <path> Override location of installed extensions
    -d <directory> Specify where to place generated class files
    -J<runtime flag> Pass argument to the java interpreter

EJBDeploy still failed.

#526110 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

karan,

Thanks for that check. Just to be clear, when you tried EJB Deploy again, did it fail with the same error (unable to find rmic)?

#526111 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Yes,
    I tried EJBDeploy after running command.
    It still failed with same error.

#526113 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Karan,

We are investigating. To help with that, can you please launch MyEclipse from the command line with the -console flag? You can use the following command from a Windows command line (assuming you still have MyEclipse installed at the location in the installation details file that you attached previously):

"C:\Users\auttarwar\AppData\Local\MyEclipse 2017\myeclipse" -console

This will open a console window which will show additional debugging information. Now try to run EJBDeploy again and send us the contents of that console window.

Thanks.

#526198 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

I tried launching MyEclipse using command, though MyEclipse is launched there’s no command window opened separately except the one I used to launch MyEclipse.

Is there any other location where I can find logs and share it with you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Split: EJB Deploy fails with RMIC not installed error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in