facebook

Strange error relating to MOZILLA nad xulrunner

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Peter

I keep getting this error everytime i goto Myeclipse > enable Spring DSL

Unhandled event loop exception
    No more handles [MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME='/usr/lib64/xulrunner-addons'] (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons: 
        /home/peter/Software/MyEclipse4Spring9/MyEclipse for Spring 9/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/873/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3655.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
        no swt-mozilla-gtk in java.library.path
        /tmp/swtlib-64/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3655.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
        Can't load library: /tmp/swtlib-64/libswt-mozilla-gtk.so
    )

Im running Ubuntu 11.04 64bit, ME4S9 64bit.

Please help!

#316723 Reply

cconway

Peter,

Do you have this problem when you open the scaffolding wizard or the Add Runtime Dependencies wizard? I’m not sure what would be different on the Enable DSL wizard related to Mozilla.

The only information I can find on this error is an old Eclipse bug that indicates that if another app loads this Mozilla shared library first, when eclipse tries to access Mozilla the wrong path can be used. That MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable seems to be part of the puzzle. Here is the old bug report: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=86193

What happens after the exception? Does the wizard still run and work or does it fail to open?

#316760 Reply

cconway

Another user posted a similar problem with linux so I did more digging and found this bug report on the eclipse site: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=340998 It looks like the solution is to either install and use a xulrunner that is lower than 2.0 or add this parameter when you run Eclipse (or MyEclipse): -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true

At the end of the bug report, Grant Gayed refers the poster to this FAQ question regarding embedded browser support on Linux. Near the end of the question, they suggest setting some environment variables: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#browserlinux

HTH

#316801 Reply

Peter

Hi mate, thanks for you help…

Unfortunately i have had no luck with this. I have:
    – Remove xulrunner 2.0 and installed 1.9.2 (DIDNT WORK)
    – Added the parameter -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true (DIDNT WORK)
    – Set environment variable export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla (DIDNT WORK)
    – Re-installed firefox 4

Anything else i could do??

#316807 Reply

cconway

Peter,

We’re working on reproducing your environment but we will likely not be able to respond until early next week. In the meantime, I found some interesting posts elsewhere on the web where people with other eclipse-based products are having the same or similar problems. If you don’t want to wait until we’ve reproduced it and found the solution, you could try Googling “Can’t load library: /tmp/swtlib-64/libswt-mozilla-gtk.so” or other parts of the error message to see what others are saying about this and how they’re solving it.

Of course, if you find a solution before we do, please post it back here for others.

Once I have it reproduced, I’ll see what we can do to protect MyEclipse for Spring users from this.

Thanks,

Cindy

#316838 Reply

Peter

Fixed.

I fixed this problem by using a xulrunner thats under 2.0. So Using synaptic package manager i removed any existing installs, and then installed the version 1.9.2.17 from the package manager.
    Then i used the following before running the app:
    export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2.17

Problem solved.

#316886 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting this, Peter.

It appears to be a general eclipse problem on this version of Ubuntu. Here is a post that talks about this sort of solution but it doesn’t mention installing the package:

https://www.jfire.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php/HowToSetupTheIntegratedBrowserOnLinux

Note that if you install version 2.0 of the xulrunner package, a different error will occur, so it has to be version 1.9.2, at this time.

#317662 Reply

cconway

All,

We’ve applied a fix for this in MyEclipse for Spring 9.1 that will hopefully alleviate this problem for some users. We are currently targeting 9.1 for release during the week of June 27th. If anyone has this issue after taking 9.1, please post back on this thread.

Note that you’ll still need to export the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable that points to your mozilla installation, in my case “usr/lib/mozilla”. Also, this problem has been fixed in Eclipse Indigo which is currently planned for support in MyEclipse 10.

Cindy

#320555 Reply

pfischer

@cconway wrote:

All,

We’ve applied a fix for this in MyEclipse for Spring 9.1 that will hopefully alleviate this problem for some users. We are currently targeting 9.1 for release during the week of June 27th. If anyone has this issue after taking 9.1, please post back on this thread.

Note that you’ll still need to export the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable that points to your mozilla installation, in my case “usr/lib/mozilla”. Also, this problem has been fixed in Eclipse Indigo which is currently planned for support in MyEclipse 10.

Cindy

I have just downloaded the latest MyEclipse for Spring 9.1 to try the scaffolding. I’m afraid I get the same error, even after setting the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable.

When starting the scaffolding wizard, I get:
    Could not initialized the internal browser.
    No more handles [MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=’/usr/lib/mozilla’] (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
    /home/paul/MyEclipse for Spring/MyEclipse for Spring 9/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/871/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3655.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Can’t load library: /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3655.so
    Can’t load library: /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-mozilla-gtk.so
    /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3655.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    )

The error log contains message: Could not initialized the internal browser.
    Exception stack trace:
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=’/usr/lib/mozilla’] (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
    /home/paul/MyEclipse for Spring/MyEclipse for Spring 9/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/871/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3655.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3655.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    )
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4109)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.initMozilla(Mozilla.java:1770)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Mozilla.java:656)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:119)
    at org.skyway.ui.wizard.BrowserTray.createContents(BrowserTray.java:77)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.TrayDialog.openTray(TrayDialog.java:369)
    at org.skyway.ui.wizard.BrowserTrayWizardDialog.updateBrowserTray(BrowserTrayWizardDialog.java:102)
    at org.skyway.ui.wizard.BrowserTrayWizardDialog.update(BrowserTrayWizardDialog.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showStartingPage(WizardDialog.java:1268)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:608)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:790)
    at org.skyway.core.generate.ui.wizard.WizardUserInterface.show(WizardUserInterface.java:50)
    at org.skyway.core.generate.execute.GenerationInvoker.invokeUserInterface(GenerationInvoker.java:64)
    at org.skyway.core.generate.execute.GenerationInvoker.invoke(GenerationInvoker.java:49)
    at org.skyway.core.generate.execute.CustomizationAwareGenerationInvoker.invoke(CustomizationAwareGenerationInvoker.java:39)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.action.GenerateCrudApplicationAction.invoke(GenerateCrudApplicationAction.java:31)
    at org.skyway.core.generate.ui.action.GenerationObjectActionDelegate.run(GenerationObjectActionDelegate.java:40)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3540)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3161)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:

at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:267)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:174)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.initMozilla(Mozilla.java:1755)
    … 46 more

After that, I get an internal error: An SWT error has occurred. You are recommended to exit the workbench…

Ubuntu 11.10
    MyEclipse for Spring 9.1
    Firefox 7.0.1

#320581 Reply

cconway

The message you are seeing is an exception that is being caught and logged as a warning. If you continue to use the workbench, what happens? Are you able to use the wizard you are trying to access?

The idea is that we now catch the exception, log it and turn off our use of the internal browser.

#320620 Reply

pfischer

Cindy,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to complete the scaffolding wizard (Spring MVC), though I kept getting warning messages. When I deploy the application, Tomcat starts up and I get the same warning again: “This document cannot be displayed while offline. To go online, uncheck Work Offline from the File menu.”

The browser window stays blank and I cannot find “Work Offline” in the File menu…

Paul

#320647 Reply

pfischer

Seem to have found the answer. Still had to install xulrunner 1.9.2 on my Ubuntu Oneiric.
    Now the generated app appears in Tomcat.

@pfischer wrote:

Cindy,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to complete the scaffolding wizard (Spring MVC), though I kept getting warning messages. When I deploy the application, Tomcat starts up and I get the same warning again: “This document cannot be displayed while offline. To go online, uncheck Work Offline from the File menu.”

The browser window stays blank and I cannot find “Work Offline” in the File menu…

Paul

#320653 Reply

pfischer

Hmm thought I had it fixed. I had closed ME a few hours ago and now when I started it again the same problem occurred. (I have not logged off Ubuntu btw.)

When I try to run my app, Tomcat starts up and I get the same warning: “This document cannot be displayed while offline. To go online, uncheck Work Offline from the File menu.”

The same message appears in every step of the scaffolding wizard.

#320677 Reply

cconway

Are you using the browser that appears inside of MyEclipse or an external instance of Firefox or another browser? The same xulrunner problem that causes the warning message on the scaffolding wizard will cause problems with the embedded Eclipse browser.

#320679 Reply

pfischer

I was running ME’s internal browser. I have now switched to an external browser (Firefox) and I get no more error messages. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Strange error relating to MOZILLA nad xulrunner

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in