facebook

Strange view of sql file tab

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Stanleek
    Participant

When I open sql file, it it displayed correctly. But sometimes when I switch tabs (any java file and then return to sql file) it is displayed in strange view. I can not change view of file to full screen, only I have to close tab and reopen sql file again. It is unconfortable for me to do it.

It is bug or can I configure it someway.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #580724 Reply

support-swapna

Stanleek,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem. Thank you for the screenshot.
    I could not replicate the problem with MyEclipse 2017 CI 10 at my end.

1. Can you please clarify if you can consistently replicate this problem with any .sql file or a particular .sql file? If it is a particular .sql file, then please share the file with us.
    2. Can you please check if you can replicate the problem in a new workspace as well? If yes, then please send us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us check for any related errors/exceptions.
    3. Please share with us the MyEclipse Build Id and Version details from Help > About MyEclipse section along with your OS and version details for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#581017 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

Problem occurs randomly, with any sql file.
    I am attaching logs.

It happens on clear workspace too.

Version: 2017 CI 10
    Build id: 15.0.1-20171220

Attachments:
    #581662 Reply

support-swapna

Stanleek,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for the details and the log file.
    The log file does not have any related errors.
    I have filed a bug for the dev team to look into this problem.
    Can you please also share the OS and version details?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#582320 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 2017 CI 10
    Build id: 15.0.1-20171220

Attachments:
    #582372 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Stan,

We’ve been able to replicate this issue internally, but in conjunction with use of the inline search. So if you use the inline search in the SQL editor, then switch away to another editor and come back, you’d find the layout as you describe.

Are you invoking the inline search at all in the SQL editor? If not, we will need to keep looking for additional points of failure.

In case you are unaware, the inline search replaces the regular search in recent versions of MyEclipse and looks like this:
    Inline Search

#585212 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Stan,

I just want to check back in – we’ve fixed this problem, around what we could replicate with the inline search. If you are experiencing this issue without having ever invoked this search in the session, as I mentioned above – we will need to keep looking.

Do let us know, thanks!

#585345 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

As you mentioned that problem can be in inline search, I turned it off. And this problem didn`n happens again.

#585476 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Good to know that fixed it – with the fix in our next release, this disablement should no longer be required. Thanks for the update!

#595506 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Stan,

The fix for this issue is in our new release, MyEclipse CI 2018.8.0, which is available on our download page. This release is based on eclipse Photon, so will need to be installed separately from MyEclipse 2017.

#597354 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

Problem was fixed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Strange view of sql file tab

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in