facebook

struts 2 tags not supported in MyEclipse 9

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

scyrus

Although JSP tag auto-complete and verification work, struts 2 tags do not work for me.

Are they supposed to? If not, in what release will they be supported?

Thank you.

#318186 Reply

support-swapna

scyrus ,

I could not replicate the issue in MyEclipse 9.1.

Can you please answer some more questions for me to understand the issue better ?

1) Can you share your Build Id from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build Id ? Paste the Build Id here.

2) How did you install MyEclipse 9 ? Is it using Pulse /All-In-One installer/ Archived Update site?

3) Can you tell me which specific tags are you working with? What is the exact error you see when using them?

4) Can you give me steps in detail on how you added the Struts 2 support and how you included the tags for me to be able to replicate it at my end ?

#318282 Reply

scyrus

After reading your response, I started a new project and found that if I specifically add struts capabilities, then the tags are accepted. Thank you.

However, I was expecting a bit more, I guess.

For example if I type “<s:textfield” up to that point is good. But after that there is no help (auto-complete” for various available parameters such as key, name, list, etc.

Also there is help for editing struts.xml for entering packages, interceptors, and actions.

The Build id: 9.1-20110701
    I used the All-In-One installer: myeclipse-9.1-offline-installer-windows.exe

#318291 Reply

support-swapna

scyrus ,

Glad that the tags are working.

1) I could see the autocomplete after <s:textfield by giving space and then invoking the content assist.

2) It is not clear on how you are trying to edit the Struts.xml for entering packages and actions. Please elaborate on how you are trying to do for me to be able to replicate at my end.

3) Do you see any errors logged in the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log when invoking the content assist on the Struts 2 tags or while editing the Struts.xml file? If yes then paste them here for me.

Let me know how this works for you.

#318311 Reply

scyrus

Swapna,

I am sorry, I didn’t know that I had to do Ctrl+Space to get content assist working – dah!!!. So thank you very much, you have answered my question.

BTW, this is a really good product, I will use it for a long time to come, and very much appreciate the support and documentation that is provided.

However, I did look at the log file and I do see lots of errors. Now I wonder if I have a bad installation.

– created a new workspace no errors

– Created a new web project by File->New->Projects…->MyEclipse->Java Enterprise Projects->Web Project selection Java EE 6.0

lots of errors the highlights are: =======>>>>>>>>>>

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2011-07-18 11:10:17.894
    !MESSAGE While loading class “org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$16”, thread “Thread[Worker-4,5,main]” timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread “Thread[main,6,main]” to finish starting bundle “org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core_1.1.2.me201106211924 [897]”. To avoid deadlock, thread “Thread[Worker-4,5,main]” is proceeding but “org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$16” may not be fully initialized.
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle “reference:file:/C:/Java/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core_1.1.2.me201106211924.jar” by thread “main”.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1077)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)

!MESSAGE While loading class “org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.project.PDEProject”, thread “Thread[Worker-0,1,main]” timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread “Thread[Worker-2,5,main]” to finish starting bundle “org.eclipse.pde.core_3.6.1.v20100902_r361 [799]”. To avoid deadlock, thread “Thread[Worker-0,1,main]” is proceeding but “org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.project.PDEProject” may not be fully initialized.
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle “reference:file:/C:/Java/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core_3.6.1.v20100902_r361.jar” by thread “Worker-2”.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1077)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)

“Thread[Worker-0,1,main]” timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread “Thread[Worker-2,5,main]” to finish starting bundle “org.eclipse.pde.core_3.6.1.v20100902_r361 [799]”. To avoid deadlock, thread “Thread[Worker-0,1,main]” is proceeding but “org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.ICoreConstants” may not be fully initialized.
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle “reference:file:/C:/Java/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core_3.6.1.v20100902_r361.jar” by thread “Worker-2”.

Thanks again for your help.
    As far as my question regarding: Struts 2 tags support, is involved, this issue is resolved.

#318313 Reply

support-swapna

scyrus ,

Glad that the Struts tags are working.

For the issue with errors being logged, Can you switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists? You can go to File->Switch Workspace->Other for the same.

Let me know how this works for you.

#318340 Reply

scyrus

Hi Swapna,

Yes, I can recreate it. I created another new workspace again, no errors.

But as soon as I do a File->New->Project…-> MyEclipse->Java Enterprise Projects->Web Project (selecting JDK 6) causes the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2011-07-20 08:45:16.961
    !MESSAGE While loading class “org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$16”, thread “Thread[Worker-0,5,main]” timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread “Thread[main,6,main]” to finish starting bundle “org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core_1.1.2.me201106211924 [897]”. To avoid deadlock, thread “Thread[Worker-0,5,main]” is proceeding but “org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$16” may not be fully initialized.
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle “reference:file:/C:/Java/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core_1.1.2.me201106211924.jar” by thread “main”.

etc…

#318363 Reply

support-swapna

scyrus,

These errors logged can be ignored.

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: struts 2 tags not supported in MyEclipse 9

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in