facebook

SVN VPN connectivity issues

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

testitall
    Participant

Has anyone had issues with updating and or committing changes on their local machine remotely from home via an VPN?

I constantly have an issue doing this on myEclipse. I am able to remotely connect to server via VPN no problem so I think that points me to the IDE as the issue.

So far the only things that have remedy this issue for me have been restarting the laptop x amount of times, disconnecting/reconnecting from my home network x amount of times, disconnecting from he vpn x amount of times, restarting the IDE x amount of times, and or a combination of these. It has become very annoying and I was wondering if anyone has encountered this and what they have done to fix this.

#611190 Reply

support-swapna

testitall,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please clarify if you have configured the proxy/firewall details in the MyEclipse IDE here ? : Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections.

Please send us the workspace log file by clicking on the icon for ‘Export Log’ in the Error Log view, save it as text file and attach it here. Before sending us the log file, clear the contents, replicate the problem and send us the log file.

Also share with us the OS and MyEclipse Version and Build Id details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#611193 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Very strange (and frustrating) that it works sometimes without actually making any changes in MyEclipse. The error log will have more details on exactly what is going wrong with the attempted SVN connection, so do send that in.

In addition to Swapna’s questions, a few other things to check when you’re experiencing issues:
    a) I realize your SVN server is not “on the Internet”, but is your local VPN client configured to send all traffic through the VPN when it’s on? If yes, can you check if other features in Eclipse access the Internet? Go to Help > Install from Catalog … does that bring up the marketplace? Can you try to search for something – do results show up?

b) Do you have any command line SVN tools on your machine? Do they work outside of Eclipse at this time?

#611314 Reply

testitall
    Participant

As soon as I work from home remotely again I will capture this data and upload the log data on here.

As for the SVN tools, I use whats built within the IDE. I’ll test the marketplace stuff once i work remotely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: SVN VPN connectivity issues

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in