facebook

Terminal+ output almost unreadable when Darkest Dark theme is enabled

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

support-tony
    Keymaster

asagrim,

From your screenshots, it appears that you are launching eclipse from a Cygwin terminal. That in itself doesn’t appear to cause the problem, from some simple testing, but it would help if you could check this by launching eclipse from Windows Explorer or from a Windows command line. That would, at least, tell us if the Cygwin interaction is the problem.

If that doesn’t make a difference, I’m sure Aaron would appreciate the plug-in list as it would give us a definitive list of just what the eclipse configuration is.

#543211 Reply

asagrim
    Participant

support-tony,

All my screenshots show the Terminal+ tab view in eclipse, hence it’s not clear to me why you mention the old good friend Cygwin (btw, I always run eclipse by means of a simple Windows shortcut).

Anyhow, to ascertain that the problem is NOT Webclipse-specific, I have downloaded and installed a similar IDE of a competitor and performed the same operations (open a terminal view, run node -v command). The resulting output in their terminal view was affected by the same coloring issues!

This is the proof that the issue is environmental.

Still, I’d like to know from you guys (if possible) where should I then look into in order to eventually try to fix it…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by asagrim.
    #543329 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Asagrim,

From our point of view it’s good to hear that there doesn’t appear to be a bug in our plugin, though that obviously doesn’t help you. I mentioned cygwin because of the format of the current directory showing in the Terminal+ view. It seemed like a Cygwin format (below cygrive, e.g. /c/…), though I see there may be other possibilities.

If your other IDE also uses git-bash, it may be worth checking there for some settings that may affect this, though I can’t say what they might be and I doubt you’ve changed anything (the git-bash implementation is under .webclipse\git-bash in your home folder).

Without your particular environment, it is difficult for us to recommend anything or try to track it down here but I’ll mention it to the development team to see if they have any suggestions.

If you find a solution to this, we’d be grateful if you’d let us know as other users may come across the problem and we may be able to account for it, within the plug-in, in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Terminal+ output almost unreadable when Darkest Dark theme is enabled

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in