facebook

text should highlight where the mouse is clicked from

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Dale
    Participant

I’m back from holiday now, i’m on latest version now and will give it a shot, thanks

#611389 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Everything seems good and is running smoothly in terms of switching between tabs.

There is a usability concern is that when an import is added it jumps to the top of the page to show the import and i loose track where i was in the page. Minor but think it could be handled better with maybe a notification displayed instead and then you can continue coding instead of scrolling back and finding where you were and clicking to start typing again.

Also the page switches when clicking save all, i believe it should stay on the page you are on:

– open 3 (or any number) files
    – change file 1, switch to file 2 and change, switch to file 3 and change
    – click save all
    – the focus should stay on page 3 (or the page i am on) and not jump back to page 1

Other than this, it’s super smooth and nice to use, cheers

#611391 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

You’re right, the auto import causing the jump is an unnecessary break in your coding flow. We’ve filed a bug against this and will try to prioritize a fix. In the meanwhile, you can use the, “Jump to last edit location”, shortcut (Ctrl + Q) to jump to where you were editing last – this is a bit thrown off by the added import though, so you will have to jump down a line.

The Save-all bug has already been fixed and will be available in the next release, definitely another action that breaks the flow, that we’re glad is already fixed.

#611394 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Great work!

#612112 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

We have a release going out with both these fixes next week, but have already put out a pre-release with the fixes. If you have the time & inclination, would be great if you could give it a try and confirm that the issues are really fixed for you. Even if on the pre-release stream, your build will be updated to the final build when that is released, of course.

To move to the pre-release stream, please follow these steps:

1. Add the following line to Eclipse/configuration/config.ini
    com.genuitec.code.manifest.url=http\://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/codemix.json
    2. Restart Eclipse
    3. An update will be detected as shown bottom left — when the update is applied, click the Restart icon to reload Eclipse with the prerelease version of CodeMix

Have a great weekend!

#612168 Reply

Dale
    Participant

I’m using the webclipse IDE – i think i recall the update only being avaialable for the plugin as i can’t get it to update.

Cheers
    Dale

#612171 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Hi i went and downloaded eclipse and installed the plugin.

So far so good, the issues have been fixed, imports get added without jumping to the top and save all remains on the focused page.

Great work, thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: text should highlight where the mouse is clicked from

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in