facebook

TFS plugin does not work on the latest MyEclipse 2018 CI update (April 3, 2019)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Magnolia Gonzalez
    Participant

TFS plugin does not work on the latest MyEclipse 2018 CI update (April 3, 2019). We had to uninstall MyEclipse and reinstall an older version without the latest update. Please look into this.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in “com.microsoft.tfs.client.common.ui” was unable to instantiate class “com.microsoft.tfs.client.common.ui.views.TeamExplorerView”.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:216)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:208)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:934)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:246)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.ViewDescriptor.createView(ViewDescriptor.java:62)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPart(CompatibilityPart.java:305)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:343)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:1001)

#612246 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

This looks like the issue you are running into:
    https://github.com/Microsoft/team-explorer-everywhere/issues/285

There is a workaround provided for running on Java 11. It looks like the issue is not due to the MyEclipse upgrade itself other than the Java runtime:
    https://github.com/Microsoft/team-explorer-everywhere/issues/285#issuecomment-474944707

#612314 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Magnolia,

Just checking in to see if you were able to implement the workaround suggested by Tim – with both Java 11 and 12 out, it’s odd that there’s hasn’t been a more recent release of the plugin from Microsoft to fix this issue.

An alternative fix would be to modify MyEclipse to start with Java 10, by editing the myeclipse.ini file and modifying the -vm argument to point to a Java 10 executable, as described here. Hope this helps – do let us know if you need further assistance.

#617692 Reply

Mark S. Morrison
    Participant

Sorry to be late to the party, but I’m experiencing the exact same issue on JDK 1.8.0_181. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the TFS Plugin, including a restart if the machine in between, all to no avail. This started immediately after I upgraded to CI 2019.4.0, build 16.0.0-20190403. So if this is, as you say, an issue with Java 11 and 12, why is it happening on Java 8?

Thanks!

#617693 Reply

Mark S. Morrison
    Participant

Never mind. I didn’t realize that ME bundled in a JRE 11 Runtime. I simply re-pointed the ,ini file to the 1.8.0_181 JRE and all is working again. Maybe. I need to see if my projects are going to reconnect to my TFS Repos.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: TFS plugin does not work on the latest MyEclipse 2018 CI update (April 3, 2019)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in