facebook

The example on demand website doesn’t work behind firewall

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Examples On-Demand
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

Do you have access to the internet at home? Is the MyEclipse you have installed at work licensed to you or your company? If you can install MyEclipse at home, you can download the examples, put them on a flash drive and take them to work the next day?

Or download the 30 day trial of MyEclipse at home, then download all the examples on demand, then delete the 30 day trial version. Take all the examples on demand to work and install them there.

At work, just create a project of exactly the same name as the example on demand, then copy the files under that directory, then refresh the project and you should be all set. You’ll still have to deploy under Tomcat or whatever, but there’s always a way to get where you want to go.

Just a thought.

#291225 Reply

rmcvay

You are absolutely correct but it would be so much easier for everyone involved if Genuitec would solve this on their end. They could do what I suggested or really expose their CVS on 443 or even switch over to Subversion, which has much more flexible networking.

#294714 Reply

Lenferink

I still get a connection time out. If have tried the firewall howto but this is not working.
    Can you place a zip file on the sever to download?

#306521 Reply

Looks like this is still an issue even with the latest version. where can I find an archive/zip with the EOD to download directly, unzip and try?

Thanks

#309065 Reply

jeffclarke

Yes, after 3 years it’s still an issue – though I’ve looked at them at home and they are mostly the same code from the Tutorials available from the Help menu…though I can never get them to work with the current version because of various syntax, inconsistancy errors.

What are people using these days to create simple database driven web sites. Our company wants to standardize on Eclipse, I’m a .Net person and let me tell you it’s 100% easier to do a lot of these things in .Net

I also was looking into Netbeans, which seemed to be a little more forgiving and I actually got further ahead with their examples.

Can anyone recommend a good book that actually covers real world database applications without a stupid “Hello world..” project?

#309100 Reply

afielden

@jeffclarke wrote:

Yes, after 3 years it’s still an issue – though I’ve looked at them at home and they are mostly the same code from the Tutorials available from the Help menu…though I can never get them to work with the current version because of various syntax, inconsistancy errors.

What are people using these days to create simple database driven web sites. Our company wants to standardize on Eclipse, I’m a .Net person and let me tell you it’s 100% easier to do a lot of these things in .Net

I also was looking into Netbeans, which seemed to be a little more forgiving and I actually got further ahead with their examples.

Can anyone recommend a good book that actually covers real world database applications without a stupid “Hello world..” project?

My first experiences with MyEclipse haven’t been all that great. Not only are the examples not accessible from behind a firewall, I haven’t been able to get Maven4MyEclipse working (firewall proxy problems again).

I would actually give Netbeans a try – it’s improved a substantial amount in recent years. I would say it’s now got equivalent features to Eclipse.

#309108 Reply

afielden

@jeffclarke wrote:

This might be useful for you. Haven’t used it myself, but it appears to give you a kick start for developing web apps http://appfuse.org/display/APF/Home

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: The example on demand website doesn’t work behind firewall

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in