facebook

The resource tree is locked for modifications

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Since I updated to the latest version of Myeclipse 6.5 the IDE is unusable when accessing any one of the JBoss tools (e.g. Hibernate editor):

!ENTRY org.jboss.tools.common.model 4 0 2008-11-28 11:52:40.015
    !MESSAGE Exception caught in FolderImpl.update()
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: The resource tree is locked for modifications.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn(WorkManager.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:1744)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.refreshLocal(Resource.java:1416)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.filesystems.impl.FolderImpl.update(FolderImpl.java:231)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.findResourceInFileSystem(EclipseResourceUtil.java:368)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.getObjectByResource(EclipseResourceUtil.java:104)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.createObjectForResource(EclipseResourceUtil.java:281)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.reload(XMarkerManager.java:61)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.reload(XMarkerManager.java:52)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.resourceChanged(XMarkerManager.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:276)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:311)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1018)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1806)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.ResourceMarkers.clear(ResourceMarkers.java:177)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.filesystems.impl.AbstractExtendedXMLFileImpl$1.run(AbstractExtendedXMLFileImpl.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:129)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3659)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3296)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
    :
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 380 2008-11-28 11:52:40.015
    !MESSAGE The resource tree is locked for modifications.

Installation Details:
    *** Date: Friday, November 28, 2008 11:56:17 AM Germany

*** Platform Details:

*** System properties:
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    birt.viewer.working.path=D:\Projekte\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer
    eclipse.buildId=M20080221-1800
    eclipse.commands=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Programme\MyEclipse 6.5\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Programme\MyEclipse 6.5\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.3.R33x_v20080118\eclipse_1023.dll
    -startup
    C:\Programme\MyEclipse 6.5\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20080118.jar
    -exitdata
    d58_48
    -clean
    -vm
    C:\Programme\MyEclipse 6.5\jre\bin\javaw.exe

<SNIP, please use MyEclipse > Install Summary > Install Details in the future >

#291481 Reply

Loyal Water

JBoss tools are not certified to run with MyEclipse at the moment. I guess thats the reason you are running into this issue. I don’t have a workaround for you at the moment. Sorry about that.

#291502 Reply

@support-nipun wrote:

JBoss tools are not certified to run with MyEclipse at the moment…

Many thanks for the reply, but I didn’t install them! They came with the last upgrade, I found them also integrated with the last 6.6.0 Installer.
    I tried to deactivate e.g. the Hibernate-editor, but coud not find any hint, how I could do this, without risking corruption of the IDE.

So what shall I do now?
    Help is VERY much appreciated.

Regards,
    Thomas

#291707 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thomas,

Sorry for the miscommunication, how are you reproducing this issue? Are you trying to open a Hibernate config file, a mapping file, etc?

Can you try going to File > Switch Workspace then entering in a dir that doesn’t exist, like C:\tempworkspace, and hit OK to restart. After that try the same steps that were causing the exception in the previous workspace and see if they still error out or if they work.

#291930 Reply

> Are you trying to open a Hibernate config file, a mapping file, etc?
    Yes, that’s what I did.

> Can you try going to File > Switch Workspace then entering in a dir that doesn’t exist, like C:\tempworkspace, and hit OK to restart.
    I did, then I imported a project and opened a Hibernate *hbm.xml file.
    And HURRAY!!! it worked.

So is there any possibility to clean my old workspace loaded with many, many projects, so that I can continue to use MyEclipse?

Regards,
    Thomas

#291957 Reply

Loyal Water

Thomas,
    You can switch back to the old workspace and try using the -clean command to try and fix this issue.
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

Incase this doesn’t help, I’m afraid you will have to switch to the new workspace and import your projects into the new workspace to continue working.

#292501 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

#292531 Reply

Greg

#292715 Reply

#292720 Reply

Greg

#293343 Reply

Hi,

I upgraded to MyEclipse 7.0 successfully (very nice update!), but alas, the same problem occurred:

– I opened a hibernate.cfg.xml – OK
    – I opened a <classname>hbm..xml – OK
    – I opened a second *.hbm.xml file – OK
    – then I edited some content of the second *.hbm.xml file
    – THEN ‘Near OutOfMemory’ message appeared

and afterwards again:
    !ENTRY org.jboss.tools.common.model 4 0 2009-01-12 09:21:07.296
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: The resource tree is locked for modifications.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn(WorkManager.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:1747)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.refreshLocal(Resource.java:1473)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.filesystems.impl.FolderImpl.update(FolderImpl.java:231)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.findResourceInFileSystem(EclipseResourceUtil.java:
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.getObjectByResource(EclipseResourceUtil.java:104)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.createObjectForResource(EclipseResourceUtil.java:2
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.reload(XMarkerManager.java:61)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.reload(XMarkerManager.java:52)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.resourceChanged(XMarkerManager.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1809)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:63)
    at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextFileDocumentProvider.executeOperation(TextFileDocumentProvider.java:454)
    at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextFileDocumentProvider.saveDocument(TextFileDocumentProvider.java:770)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.performSave(AbstractTextEditor.java:4791)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.editor.ObjectMultiPageEditor.saveX(ObjectMultiPageEditor.java:386)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.editor.ObjectMultiPageEditor.doSave(ObjectMultiPageEditor.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$1.run(SaveableHelper.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$4.run(SaveableHelper.java:266)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:458)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:366)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow$1.run(ApplicationWindow.java:758)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow.run(ApplicationWindow.java:755)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2487)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.runProgressMonitorOperation(SaveableHelper.java:274)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.runProgressMonitorOperation(SaveableHelper.java:253)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.savePart(SaveableHelper.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.savePart(EditorManager.java:1350)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.savePart(WorkbenchPage.java:3291)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.saveEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3304)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.ui.texteditors.SaveAction2.run(XMLTextEditorComponent.java:447)

(IMHO: Ever since I came across the internal File-Caching of Eclipse and it’s outcome regarding differences of internal
    and external view of files, the locking mechanisms etc. I regretted the resulting overhead and complexity.)

This is really beginning to become a major nuisance.

Some MyEclipse Details:
    *** Date: Montag, 12. Januar 2009 09:42:17 Deutschland
    *** Platform Details:
    *** System properties:
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    com.genuitec.pulse.client.basedir.location.override=C:\Programme\Genuitec
    com.genuitec.pulse.client.blueprint.id=rb-18383
    com.genuitec.pulse.client.credentials=aieROoVjn0xqaffOP606yk/HlRukYMDJGSOkND1nFPHaT3GCdh7qOpK3CRCXy9B/AuwbYD+2WgLK JRKMZNf/CsEQ2xRP6VhjBmfB1uLT0qgjebDQTVe08SrCy3cfu1t3O950OJOchoGOaghS8PX//mcH hw9i7TcIB402PFC7vTU=
    com.genuitec.pulse.client.handshake.id=8e5472e0-ae59-453b-94ed-6279fa6fc939
    com.genuitec.pulse.common.server.url=https://www.poweredbypulse.com:443
    eclipse.commands=-os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -showsplash -launcher C:\Programme\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\myeclipse.exe -name Myeclipse
    –launcher.library C:\Programme\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731\eclipse_1115.dll
    -startup C:\Programme\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar

Regards,
    Thomas

#295907 Reply

Please,

have there been any improvements achieved in this problem domain?
    Can I hope, that in release 7.1 this iissue will be solved?

Help is urgently needed, almost any advanced feature is choking on this locking!!!

Regards,
    Thomas

#295976 Reply

support-joy

Thomas,

Sorry for the inconvinience caused. I will have a dev team member help you with this issue.

#296013 Reply

Loyal Water

Thomas,
    I was unable to reproduce this issue with 7.1.1. On my sysem, I was unable to reproduce this with 7.0 as well. I would suggest you upgrade to 7.1.1, and test this with a new project in a new workspace.

Let me know what result you get.

#296112 Reply

Hi Nipun,

I upgraded to 7.1 (in fact I wanted a new install, but as MyEclipse Installer is clever, it overwrote the 7.0 version).

I then:
    – generated new Workspace
    – created a new project
    – edited a hibernate *.hbm.xml file
    – everything OK
    so I continued to:
    – import all projects to the new Workspace (I somehow finally should start to work again, isn’t it?)
    – closed all projectes
    – restarted myeclipse
    – opened the most important project
    – opened a *.hbm.xml file using the MyEclipse HBM File Editor
    – and again:
    !ENTRY org.jboss.tools.common.model 4 0 2009-03-16 14:43:47.593
    !STACK 1
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:1747)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.refreshLocal(Resource.java:1473)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.findResourceInFileSystem(EclipseResourceUtil.java:368)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.createObjectForResource(EclipseResourceUtil.java:281)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.reload(XMarkerManager.java:51)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1809)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:63)
    at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextFileDocumentProvider.executeOperation(TextFileDocumentProvider.java:454)
    at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextFileDocumentProvider.saveDocument(TextFileDocumentProvider.java:770)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.performSave(AbstractTextEditor.java:4791)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.editor.ObjectMultiPageEditor.saveX(ObjectMultiPageEditor.java:386)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.editor.ObjectMultiPageEditor.doSave(ObjectMultiPageEditor.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$1.run(SaveableHelper.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$4.run(SaveableHelper.java:266)

I am really embarrassed!!!
    I am the only one in our team, who dared to use 7.0 and I am the fool of the day ever since.
    Why is it so terribly difficult to get a clean installation???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: The resource tree is locked for modifications

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in