facebook

Theme only partially applied in Oxygen under Linux Mint 17 KDE

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mauromol
    Participant

Today I installed Darkest Dark theme from Eclipse Marketplace in my new Oxygen.1 installation on my system, running Linux Mint KDE 17.
    The problem is the theme seems to be just partially applied, as you can see from the attached screenshots.
    This puzzles me, because under Neon.3, Darkest Dark (installed in the same way) works perfectly fine, on the exact same system.

What could be wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #543655 Reply

Brian Fernandes

mauromol,

That certainly seems odd, especially on the same system. Do you mind updating that install to a pre-release of the CI 9 update for Darkest dark, and let us know if you still see the problem? While we’re not sure the problem is related to Oxygen, there have been other stability/integration fixes that might give you an improved experience.

This is how you update: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

#543825 Reply

mauromol
    Participant

Hi,
    I just realized what is the difference between the two Eclipse setups: I forgot I was running Neon with SWT_GTK3=0 environment variable. I was cheated by the fact that I only checked command line arguments before posting here.
    Running Oxygen with the same environment variable, Darkest Dark plugin is applied correctly.

I also verified that the same problem in applying a theme (without specifying SWT_GTK3=0) happens with the built-in Dark theme, so it is not Darkest Dark own fault.

However it’s quite surprising that GTK3 is still so broken nowadays, after so many years of adoption in Eclipse. Maybe you have some more insights on this?

Thanks,
    Mauro

#543920 Reply

Brian Fernandes

mauromol,

Thank you for letting us know it does work with the flag.

I checked internally with our team, and those using Linux don’t seem to have any problems with GTK3, though none of them are running Mint.

The problem could be specific to your OS GTK theme, do you know which theme you are using, and could you try to change it to see if the experience improves?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Theme only partially applied in Oxygen under Linux Mint 17 KDE

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in