facebook

Tomcat question

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

panama-joe

Hi *,

is there any means to prevent Tomcat from starting all deployed webapps at server startup ?

Starting Tomcat on my workstation takes a whole 2 minutes, and memory consumption is close to 100 MB.
    As I still have deployed some older releases of the software we’re developing (for bugfixes etc.), but need these only rarely, I would like to start them manually only when I need them, and not automatically at each server restart, of whic I have up to 20 per day.

Please forgive me if this is off-topic, but I couldn’ find a Tomcat forum on the Apache website to post this question 8-))

Thanks in advance !

Regards, Jochen

#220787 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to OT > Soft Dev.

Jochen I have exactly this problem sometimes too, I usually use the Tomcat manager to “undeploy” those applications, but that removed them, I doubt you want to do this… have you tried using the Administrator to “Disable” them? You can try “stopping” them in the Tomcat manager and then restarting to see if it stays stopped…

or the cheap-way, just introduce startup exceptions in to each one so they all fail 😀

#222279 Reply

panama-joe

Hi Riyad,

first of all: happy New Year – I hope all of you had a good start …

Thanks for the above reply.
    However, it doesn’t really help me: where can I disable a single webapp ? I just spent half an hour going through the Tomcat Admin Tool. but could not find any item like that in the webapps section. The only options loosely related I found were “Auto-Deploy” and “Deploy on startup” in the localhost section.

Please advise … BTW I’m using Tomcat 5.0.28

Regards, Jochen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Tomcat question

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in