facebook

Too many open files in system error – caused by MyEclipse-2017

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

Stephan,

We fixed this issue, but due to some internal miscommunication, the patch wasn’t actually sent out to your team. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay – I had assumed your team had already been using the fix for some time, I was remiss in not following up.

A release of 2017 CI 9 is actually going out the door right now (will be available in a few hours) and includes the fix. I realize your team is still on 2017 Stable 1.0 though (the next Stable release is still some time away) and so I’ll have someone work on this ASAP and get you a fix in at most another day.

#544259 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Stephan,

I just sent you a PM with an updated plugin, and instructions on how it can be used. I would recommend trying the fix on a single system and proving that the fix works before distributing to others who need the fix as well.

Awaiting your feedback – we hope it fixes your problem.

#544315 Reply

Sven Schmidt
    Participant

Brian,

I got the updated plugin jar-file and did the change on my system as you described it in your PM. Now I’m watching the running MyEclipse instance and will report back what I see. ATM there is no single UDP port 55979 open and listening anymore. My impression in the past was that the error can be triggered by a change in the network-environment like the move from home-office to the desktop at work. I’ll give you some more feedback early next week.

Stephan

#544317 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks Stephan, good to know you were able to get the patched plugin in. We’ll wait for your report next week.

Have a great weekend!

#544972 Reply

Sven Schmidt
    Participant

Brian,

now I’ve used the patch a while for regular work and had no (new) problem and the “too many open files” problem didn’t happen anymore.

Stephan

PS. Today one of my colleagues having the problem on Linux too is applying the patch on his system.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Too many open files in system error – caused by MyEclipse-2017

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in