facebook

TypeScript files are not compiled.

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

beleta
    Participant

Since I reinstalled Eclipse with the latest Webclipse version (2017 Cl 12a) my TypeScript files are not compiled. My project is recognized as a TypeScript one, and it has the TypeScript builder and the TypeScript facet, but when I save a file or do a project clean nothing gets compiled. The validator starts but the compiler doesn’t.

The same project worked before the upgrade.

I tried to disable CodeMix with the same result.

This is on a WIndows Eclipse but the same happens on an OSX Eclipse.

Any help would be appreciated.

#589625 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues:

1) Do you recall which version you were on before the update?
    2) Can you share with us your workspace error log? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log
    3) Are you sure there were no other changes to your project?

#589666 Reply

beleta
    Participant

Thank you Brian for your fast response.

1) I don´t remember.
    2) I am attaching the OSX Eclipse log file.
    3) Don’t think so.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by beleta.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by beleta.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #589837 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Please go to Preferences > CodeMix > Languages > Disabled Validators and uncheck TypeScript Builder. On applying this change, you should have the functionality restored. You can re-enable CodeMix if you wish, but do keep that item unchecked, regardless of CodeMix enablement.

There’s definitely something awry in how this builder works together with CodeMix, and it was not re-enabled when CodeMix was disabled, as it should have been – we’re looking at fixing all this.

Thank you very much for your report, and let us know if you still experience issues.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Brian Fernandes. Reason: added additional notes
    #589847 Reply

beleta
    Participant

Thank you Brian again.

Yes, that did the trick. Does it mean that CodeMix has a TypeScript compiler that replaces the TypeScript builder but for some reason it does not work?

Well, thank you for your help.

#589852 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glad that got it started!

Yes, that did the trick. Does it mean that CodeMix has a TypeScript compiler that replaces the TypeScript builder but for some reason it does not work?

Sort of, CodeMix has a TS validator, but it looks like we’ve missed the transpile capability – this is what we’re going to be looking at as well.

How are you finding CodeMix so far (if you had it enabled for some time)? Would love to hear more about your experience if you can spare a few moments.

#594191 Reply

beleta
    Participant

Hi Brian.

Two version later it seems that Codemix is still missing the transpile capability. This is very annoying because the TS builder reports some errors in the Project Explorer view that the Codemix TS validator does not consider as such.

When are you planning to include this capability?

And another question, renaming (Refactorings/Rename) is disabled inside de TS Codemix editor – this is very limiting compared with other TS editors, is there any plan to enable it, and if yes when?

Thank you in advance

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by beleta.
    #594273 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Your file did not get uploaded, could you zip it up and reupload please? I’m assuming you’re probably using something that’s only valid for a more recent version of TypeScript – regardless, would be good to have your example.

Our team is hard at work on getting support for build pipelines, which will provide the compilation capability you are looking for. It’s coming in a major update, CodeMix 2.0. I’m sorry you don’t have it already, but we’re working on a generic and robust solution that should work for all technologies. CodeMix 2.0 should arrive in late August (there will continue to be smaller updates before that release, as required), and you can find out more about what’s coming here: https://www.genuitec.com/products/codemix/codemix-journey/

re: Refactoring, thank you for asking, this feature is almost there, but not quite ready for release – I’ll talk to the team about the timeline, and raise the priority based on your request.

#596575 Reply

support-swapna

Refactoring support is out with our latest CodeMix release, CI 2018.8.15. Please update (Help > Check for Updates) and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: TypeScript files are not compiled.

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in