facebook

UI, desktop not responding after right-clicking on project in MyEclipse Explorer

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mike_mikekonikoff
    Participant

Right-click on project in MyEclipse Explorer and then long (45+ seconds) pause happens during which MyEclipse is unresponsive, MS Windows won’t respond to alt-tab to switch applications, and MS Windows taskbar won’t respond to clicks. Occurs consistently and after restarts and reboots.

Attached zip has output from jstack before, during, and after pause. To get the jstack output I had to have both myeclipse window and command prompt window open side by side and was able to click between them during the freeze.

Also attached my installation details for latest MyEclipse 2021.5.24 64-bit, and error log. Same project code base does not have this issue in MyEclipse 2017. Happens occasionally in MyEclipse 2020.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Mike_mikekonikoff. Reason: fix topic title typo
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Mike_mikekonikoff. Reason: fix and clarify attachments
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #674086 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mike,

We appreciate you taking the trouble to send us those dumps – they helped a great deal. I believe we have an idea of what the cause may be, one of enablement calculations for an action in the context menu. Our team will take a closer look and suggest a workaround or fix in the next day or so.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, and thank you again for the data.

#674151 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

After some investigation, we found out that one of the plugins tries to do some heavy stuff in the UI thread just to show the EclipseLink MOXy OXM File wizard in the context menu. For now, we applied a workaround by removing this menu contribution.

Here is the link to the patched plugin:
    http://downloads-archive.genuitec.com/downloads/partners/misc/org.eclipse.jpt.jaxb.eclipselink.ui_1.4.201.v201902121834.jar

Steps to apply it are following:
    1. Download the jar to <path-to-myeclipse>\plugins.
    2. Temporary add -clean option to <path-to-myeclipse>\eclipse.ini (can be just before -startup).
    3. Start MyEclipse.
    4. Remove entry added in step 2.

Please let me know if the patched plugin solved the issue for you.

#674157 Reply

Mike_mikekonikoff
    Participant

It’s working much better now, thank you. The context menu now appears almost instantaneously 🙂

Can I use this same patch on MyEclipse 2020 installations?

Thank you!

#674158 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Great to hear that!

For 2020 I need to prepare a different plugin. Could you tell me what exact version of MyEclipse 2020 you have?

#674159 Reply

Mike_mikekonikoff
    Participant

Version: 2020.9.16
    Build id: 16.0.0-20200916

It may be a different issue in 2020. The context menu freezes up only occasionally, usually right after startup.

#674161 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Actually, it looks like ME 2020 has the same version of this plugin so please apply the same steps. If it asks you to replace the existing file in step 1, then all is fine.

#680168 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

We just released MyEclipse 2022 which includes the fix for the UI freeze issue. Please update via Help > Check for Updates.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: UI, desktop not responding after right-clicking on project in MyEclipse Explorer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in