facebook

Unable to create an Angular project

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ugog
    Participant

I’m not able to create an angualr project too. The console shows:
    /c/Program Files/nodejs/npm: line 4: dirname: command not found
    /c/Program Files/nodejs/npm: line 6: uname: command not found
    /c/Program Files/nodejs/npm: line 17: uname: command not found
    module.js:557
    throw err;
    ^
    as the linux batch were executed instead of windows one, that’s the current platform.
    nodejs is 8.9.1
    npm is 5.5.1

#549183 Reply

Brian Fernandes

ugog,

We do execute the commands in a Git bash environment, which is why they may seem odd; however, this is expected, even on Windows.

1) In the new project wizard, did you choose Node 8.9.1 or the “Use System Installation” option? Ditto for NPM.
    2) Do you have git bash or any other shell installed on your Windows system?
    3) Are you on Windows 10?
    4) Could you please attach the entire console output?
    5) Do mention your version of the tooling – you can get this by looking at the Version at Window > Preferences > Webclipse page.

#549224 Reply

ugog
    Participant

1) I used both Node 8.9.1 and the “Use System Installation” with exactly the same result
    2) I don’t know, I have “D:\Programmi\Git\Git Bash” that’s a link to bin\sh.exe
    3) No, I’m on windows 8.1.
    4) Here it is:
    /c/Program Files/nodejs/npm: line 4: dirname: command not found
    /c/Program Files/nodejs/npm: line 6: uname: command not found
    /c/Program Files/nodejs/npm: line 17: uname: command not found
    module.js:557
    throw err;
    ^
    Error: Cannot find module ‘D:\Programmi\Git\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js’
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:555:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:482:25)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:701:10)
    at startup (bootstrap_node.js:194:16)
    at bootstrap_node.js:618:3
    5) Its “2017 CI 10” on eclipse Oxygen 4.7.2

#549280 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

ugog,

Thanks for the information. It looks as though the version of git-bash which is being used is not able to correctly execute the npm script. As a possible quick resolution, you could either uninstall the system git-bash or temporarily rename a folder on the path to git-bash (for example, rename ‘D:\Programmi\Git to ‘D:\Programmi\Git-temp), then try to create a project. This time, git-bash and the appropriate node and npm versions will be downloaded to your .webclipse folder (off your home directory) and executed from there. You should then be able to rename the system git folder back to what it was.

Please let us know how you get on.

#549434 Reply

ugog
    Participant

Well, your solution didn’t work. So I uninstalled webclipse from eclipse (oxygen), uninstalled git, reinstalleg a newer version of git (2.16.1), then I reinstalled webclipse into eclipse. I was able to create a new Angular project with just a few (14) warning, that I assume I can ignore. Are they someway important?
    Now I have a 300MB project made of 35243 files in 4678 folders.
    I’m a bit confused as I don’t know were to start: I should study, I think. Is there a tutorial that teaches how such a project is organized?

#549608 Reply

support-swapna

ugog,

Glad that you could create an Angular project.
    Yes, the warning messages (npm WARN) can be ignored.

Please refer to these tutorials to help you get started with Angular development :
    http://code4developers.com/angular-4-project-structure/
    https://coursetro.com/courses/12/Learn-Angular-4-from-Scratch
    https://angular.io/guide/architecture

Please also refer to the tutorials available in our Learning Center to understand how our Angular tooling works: https://www.genuitec.com/products/angular-ide/learning-center/

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Unable to create an Angular project

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in