facebook

Unable to edit TypeScript files after update to 2017 CI 11

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

james3
    Participant

Hi

After updating to Webclipse 2017 CI 11 (using Eclipse Neon) I can no longer open/edit TypeScript files. Whenever I try to open a .ts file using the TypeScript Editor I get:

Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript was unable to load class com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.TypeScriptEditor.

I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling all Webclipse plugins but no luck.

I can’t even go into the TypeScript preferences page, as when I click on it I get an error:

Unable to create the selected preference page.
    com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.preferences.GeneralPreferencePage cannot be found by com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.5.3.201802120558

Thanks.

#555354 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. It would appear to be a problem with the installation. Could you please send us your error log? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

I’m presuming you were using 2017 CI 10 before this? Have you made any other changes to the installation?

#555355 Reply

james3
    Participant

Hi Brian

Yes I was on 2017 CI 10. The update happened automatically when I shut down Eclipse. The next time I fired it up, the problem was there. I have tried removing every Webclipse plugin listed in the Installation Details screen, restarted Eclipse, reinstalled 2017 CI 11, but the problem is still there. Error log attached.

Thanks,
    James.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #555362 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

This, in your log file, looks to be culprit

java.util.zip.ZipException: Exception in opening zip file: D:\Users\James\eclipse\eclipse-jee-neon-3-win32-x86_64\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.5.3.201802120558\typescript.jar
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:317)

I confirmed that the file on our servers is fine, so it looks like something got corrupted, either during your download, or after the download. Due to a local cache that’s sometimes maintained in Eclipse installations, this corrupted file could have stuck even through un-installations and re-installations.

My recommendation would be:
    1) Uninstall Webclipse.
    2) Shutdown / Restart.
    3) Add the -clean argument to your eclipse.ini file and restart Eclipse. It may take a bit longer to start this once as the caches should be cleaned by this.
    4) Go to your [eclipse_installation]/plugins/ folder and confirm that there aren’t any com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_* folders. If you find any, shut down Eclipse and delete them.
    5) Install Webclipse.

If this doesn’t fix the problem, it might help if you can try a fresh installation of Eclipse – if that’s too much trouble, I will try to provide alt steps.

Sorry you ran into this, it appears to have been some sort of update/unzip glitch. Will be here if you need additional help – do keep us posted.

#555364 Reply

james3
    Participant

Thanks Brian. I will probably take the opportunity to install Eclipse Oxygen (currently on Neon) and install Webclipse from scratch.

James.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unable to edit TypeScript files after update to 2017 CI 11

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in