facebook

Unable to fully uninstall Genuitec plug-ins

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rombertw
    Participant

Hi,

After hitting some problems with DevStyle and the Photon milestones I decided to fully uninstall DevStyle, to make sure the problem was not related to Eclipse itself.

After uninstalling, I still get the problems but I also noticed that I have some Genuitec plug-ins installed. If I go to ‘Installed Software’ and type ‘Genuitec’ or ‘DevStyle’ or ‘Dark’ I get no entries. However, I still have a number of plug-ins provided by ‘Genuitec’ in the plug-ins tab ( see screenshot ).

How can I make sure I fully uninstalled DevStyle?

Thanks,

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #590016 Reply

Aaron Lara

@rombertw, from your screenshot it doesn’t look like DevStyle was properly uninstalled. Can you indicate which method did you use to uninstall? (Uninstall from Marketplace dialog, uninstall from “Installed Software” Tab, etc).

Also, could you check your errors just in case something failed during uninstallation?

Cheers,
    Aaron Lara

#590058 Reply

rombertw
    Participant

@aaronlonin – I uninstalled for the “Installed Software Tab”.

Looking at the error log I don’t see anything related to provisioning and/or DevStyle, I have mostly UI freezes, invalid POM warnings from m2e and some invalid menu extension contributions ( ‘org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.chromium.debug.ui’ ).

I’ve attached the terminal output from when eclipse is started with -consoleLog, it does show some entries related to DevStyle.

Thanks,

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #590153 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the details! We tried to replicate the issue but it worked just fine for us with Photon RC2 installations. It’s possible that the failure is a one-off glitch, sorry about that.

You can try removing the “com.genuitec*” entries from <eclipse install dir>/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info, then start eclipse and make sure the plugins are not shown in installed software.

please let us know any concern.

cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#590178 Reply

rombertw
    Participant

That worked very well. Thanks for the tip, @aaronlonin !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unable to fully uninstall Genuitec plug-ins

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in