facebook

Unable to install CodeMix 2 at all on Eclipse Photon.

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

kimgears2
    Participant

I am unable to install my product which I have purchased. It is giving me some a MD5 hash mismatch error.

It started happening after my old mechanical hard drive at work was cloned onto an SSD for better performance. Please help me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #600409 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Kim,

I’m sorry you weren’t able to install Codemix. We did update CodeMix not long before you posted, so I’m wondering if you tried to install just as the change was being made. I’ve just checked the install from MarketPlace and didn’t have any problems. Could you please try again? If you still see issues, could you attach the error log, which can be exported to a text file from the Error Log view? We have also seen issues, rarely, due to interference with security software or virus checkers, for some jar files; disabling the virus scanner during the install, if possible, might be a way round this.

Please let us know how you get on.

#600423 Reply

kimgears2
    Participant

I downloaded the latest build of Eclipse as well and tried installing CodeMix onto it, with my firewall off and it still didn’t complete the installation.

It didn’t work with Windows Defender disabled as well.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by kimgears2.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by kimgears2.
    Attachments:
    #600453 Reply

Aaron Lara

Kim, sorry you are still having issues installing CodeMix. It might be caused by the global internet shutdown happenning (see here). It might be just a matter of time to recover from it.

What method are you using to install CodeMix? Are you directly using the software site or from the Eclipse Marketplace? You might want to try both methods just in case. Please let me know if you need details or have any question.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#600454 Reply

kimgears2
    Participant

I was attempting to download this through the Eclipse Marketplace. That didn’t work.

I also attempted to download it by dragging the Install button from the <b>software page, but that didn’t work as well.

I am getting the same error logs that I attached in the earlier post above.

#600455 Reply

Aaron Lara

Mind giving a try installing directly from the site? Just go to help > Install New Software, then add this site https://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/ci/ and choose CodeMix essentials. Hopefully this works.

#600456 Reply

kimgears2
    Participant

That didn’t work as well. :/ Got the MD5 hash error again.

#600457 Reply

Aaron Lara

Just to check, if you download that file (file) and then perform a md5, what do you get? for me it correctly gets a5875a30ae9cdf5c4706511b4c5852fc.

#600458 Reply

kimgears2
    Participant

Hmm… I got this when I tried clicking the link for the file.

Perhaps it’s my company’s firewall that’s keeping me out? I was able to install CodeMix before in the past though.

Attachments:
    #600461 Reply

Aaron Lara

Yes, it’s most likely your company’s firewall. As you know we recently rolled out a CodeMix update, it contains some new plugins which at the same time contain some executable files (.exe) . Is there a chance you could contact your IT department to help unblocking requests to downloads.genuitec.com?

#600463 Reply

kimgears2
    Participant

I told them about it and they told me they will start work on it next week. Thanks Aaron!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Unable to install CodeMix 2 at all on Eclipse Photon.

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in