facebook

Unable to install codemix plugin

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Dale
    Participant

Hi

I downloaded latest Eclipse but wasn’t unable to add the plugin from the link or the site or marketplace.

Eclipse version:
    Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0)
    Build id: 20190314-1200

The error i get in eclipse is:
    An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
    session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
    Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.genuitec.eclipse.code.7z,2.0.0.201809141026.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 256f37c9978148a6fc12783a3336e8dd and found 5be5da450dc101fe2e513167547930c7.

It was fine 2 days back when i installed at home, but now on my work machine i see the error.

Thanks
    Dale

#612213 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

This error is a bit strange because it looks like it’s trying to pick up a much older version of CodeMix.

Can you tell me what marketplace entry you’re using (we have several for CodeMix / Angular IDE – please paste the link here) as well as what Update site you’re using? The setting in config.ini I mentioned, to move to the pre-release would only work post a regular CodeMix install, though that should not affect your installation anyway (in case you added that to your install).

#612215 Reply

Dale
    Participant

HI

please see image 1

i then also directly searched codemix in the the market place, image 2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612218 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Also dragging the button in from below also produces the md5 hash error

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/codemix

Maybe there is some cache issue in the eclipse plugins? Will investigate also

#612219 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

A correction to my earlier statement, I misread the plugin name – that version is current and correct. The MD5 that’s being expected is also correct – apologies for the wrong info.

I would put something like this down to a network glitch, or download corruption – I’m assuming you’ve already restarted and tried again?
    You can also go to Window > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Update Sites, select the CodeMix site and choose “Reload”. You might want to restart the IDE and then try again.

If this does not work, if you have a fresh Eclipse install, it might be fastest to simply unzip/install another instance and try to install into that (in case the above command does not blow away the corrupted binaries).

Please let us know how you get on.

#612222 Reply

Dale
    Participant

I followed each of the steps but to no avail 🙁

I even took a fresh download from: http://www.genuitec.com/eclipse-packages?JEE-WIN64 and new workspace but same error.

It always gets stuck on 49%. Like you say maybe a connection error, i’ll try my home internet when i get back this evening.

I can carry on with Webclipse IDE as before so not to worry.

Cheers
    Dale

#612242 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Hi

Oddly a fresh eclipse and downloading and home fixed the issue.

I could see at one point the downloading got to about 10kb/s.

Must be my works network causing issue.

Up and running now anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Dale

#612257 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

The only thing I can think of, is a rare problem where a proxy would have cached a corrupt version of the file and keeps serving that – was the bad signature the same ever time as well, in the error you saw?

Nevertheless, good to know the install did work at home – and thank you for confirming that the fixes we put in do work for you, much appreciated!

#612273 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Argh! Now at work i get these errors when starting up and viewing a file:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Error instantiating builder ‘com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.codeBuilder’.
    Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui was unable to load class com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.problem.CodeBuilder.
    An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui (983).
    Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui was unable to load class com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.problem.CodeBuilder.
    An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui (983).

Unable to create the selected preference page.

#612275 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

Sorry to hear that – this looks like an installation issue, not something that should change based on your network. I’m assuming this is the same laptop that worked at home.

1) Did you check if you were able to edit a file at home?
    2) Did you also update to the pre-release build on this installation?
    3) You’ve tried restarting, of course?
    4) Can you please send us the entire error log from [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

Hope to get you back up and running soon.

#612276 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Yes same laptop.

1) No, didn’t open a file at home
    2) didn’t update – i put the line in to trigger the update this morning at work but Codemix wouldn’t start so i took it out
    3) tried restarting many times
    4) please find attached log

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612279 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

I got it, you’re using Java 12, and while the version of CodeMix you have installed does not support it, the pre-released version does. Ironically, none of the code to update to this version will work when you’re running Java 12, so you need to do the update manually.

1) Start Eclipse
    2) Go to Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites and add the following site
    http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/
    3) Help > Check for Updates

This should show you an update for your installed CodeMix plugins – go ahead and apply the update. Once you restart, you should be good to go, even with Java 12.

#612281 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Yes as i was using the webclipse IDE before it did not require java, but with this eclipse i just installed latest JRE.

Following you instructions – The first time i tried i got:

session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
    Unable to read repository at http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/codemix/updates/cm20190409/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.code.7z_2.0.0.201809141026.jar.
    Connection reset#

I delete everything restarted afresh and seem to get the same error as before:
    Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.genuitec.eclipse.code.7z,2.0.0.201809141026.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 256f37c9978148a6fc12783a3336e8dd and found 5be5da450dc101fe2e513167547930c7.

and log:

!SESSION 2019-04-09 12:12:35.583 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=4.11.0.I20190307-0500
    java.version=12
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.core 1 0 2019-04-09 12:14:47.946
    !MESSAGE Using Apache MINA sshd as ssh client.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 2 0 2019-04-09 12:14:51.897
    !MESSAGE Duplicate template id: ‘org.eclipse.wst.xslt.templates.xpath.boolean’

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2019-04-09 12:15:08.308
    !MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
    user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: ‘C:\Users\Dale.Waterworth’. If this is
    not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
    EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
    This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2019-04-09 12:20:11.431
    !MESSAGE An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2019-04-09 12:20:11.432
    !MESSAGE session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository 4 0 2019-04-09 12:20:11.432
    !MESSAGE Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.genuitec.eclipse.code.7z,2.0.0.201809141026.
    !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository 4 1203 2019-04-09 12:20:11.432
    !MESSAGE MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 256f37c9978148a6fc12783a3336e8dd and found 5be5da450dc101fe2e513167547930c7.

Maybe i’ll revert java to an earlier version, which do you recommend?

#612282 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Not sure why it’s trying to download that file again, as you should already have it installed. Again, we are seeing the same bad hash, which makes me think something is wrong at your network level. Can you download that file in the browser and check the signature?

In the meanwhile, assuming your installation is still OK, you can change to Java 11 by editing the eclipse.ini file to point to the Java 11 executable, see this document for instructions on how to use the -vm argument: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini#Specifying_the_JVM

#612289 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Ok i installed java 11 but getting the hash issues still. Will do all this from home tonight and see if it is network related.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Unable to install codemix plugin

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in