facebook

Unable to use GIT for my project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

choonhoong
    Participant

Hi,

I have a java web application project which I would like to push into a GIT repository. However, when I try to switch to the GIT perspective in myEclipse, I get the error below.

The weird thing is that project that its complaining about isn’t even the project that I’m trying to enable GIT for. I went to that sakuraws project and delete the .git folder but to no avail. I event went to the extent of deleting the project, but that still did not resolve the issue.

I thought maybe my version of EGIT was old, so got that upgraded to version 4.6 through the eclipse catalog. That still did not resolve the problem.

I finally tried upgrading to the latest version of EGIT (4.10) by installing it from site. (http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates). Still the same error.

Any help is much appreciated!

Here are myeclipse details:
    eclipse.buildId=15.0.1.CI-010
    java.version=1.8.0_112
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

Here’s the stack trace:

java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 13: sakuraws/.git:
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(WindowsPathParser.java:182)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:153)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:77)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(WindowsPath.java:94)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(WindowsFileSystem.java:255)
    at sun.nio.fs.AbstractPath.resolve(AbstractPath.java:53)
    at org.eclipse.egit.core.RepositoryUtil.toDirSet(RepositoryUtil.java:451)
    at org.eclipse.egit.core.RepositoryUtil.getRepositories(RepositoryUtil.java:414)
    at org.eclipse.egit.core.RepositoryUtil.getConfiguredRepositories(RepositoryUtil.java:461)
    at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.sharing.RepoComboContentProvider.getElements(RepoComboContentProvider.java:47)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getRawChildren(StructuredViewer.java:1001)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getFilteredChildren(StructuredViewer.java:907)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getSortedChildren(StructuredViewer.java:1084)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractListViewer.inputChanged(AbstractListViewer.java:318)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:286)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1696)
    at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.sharing.ExistingOrNewPage.createControl(ExistingOrNewPage.java:164)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:175)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:696)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.setWizard(WizardDialog.java:1144)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1197)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.lambda$2(WizardDialog.java:1185)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1185)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:876)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:618)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4410)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4228)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3816)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.wizards.ConfigureProjectWizard.openWizard(ConfigureProjectWizard.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.wizards.ConfigureProjectWizard.shareProjects(ConfigureProjectWizard.java:127)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.ConfigureProjectAction$1.run(ConfigureProjectAction.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction$3.run(TeamAction.java:276)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.run(TeamAction.java:272)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.ConfigureProjectAction.execute(ConfigureProjectAction.java:34)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.run(TeamAction.java:532)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.TeamAction.runWithEvent(TeamAction.java:568)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:237)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4410)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4228)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3816)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:687)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:604)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

#547857 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

choonhoong,

That’s very odd. Can you try this with a new workspace? Launch MyEclipse with an empty workspace folder and then try switching to the Git perspective. If this works, import your project from the other workspace into the new workspace (ensure you copy the project into the workspace – an option on the import). Now try the operation you wanted with Git. If you still have a problem, please go to the error log view and export the log to a text file and attach it to your reply here, as there may be earlier errors that are related to this.

Please let us know how you get on, either way.

#548279 Reply

choonhoong
    Participant

Sorry to the late response.

Thanks Tony. Your suggestion to create a new workspace worked.

#548282 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

choonhoong,

That’s good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Unable to use GIT for my project

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in