facebook

Undefined attribute name (ng-if)

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

sblantipodi
    Participant

As title.
    Every time I open an html file I see validation errors from the angular’s tags.
    This is en example on a simple ng-if:
    “Undefined attribute name (ng-if).”

Why?

#533344 Reply

support-swapna

sblantipodi,

If you are working with AngularJS and including its directives in a HTML file, then the HTML validator marks AngularJS syntax as warnings. To avoid HTML warnings on AngularJS syntax, disable the HTML Syntax Validator on the project (right click on the project > Properties > Validation,uncheck ‘HTML Syntax Validator, close and reopen the files from the editor.)

Please check this tutorial for more details about AngularJS validation: https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/web/angularjs-overview/

If you are still seeing problems, please share with us steps you followed to create the project to help us replicate the problem at our end. If possible, please also send us the .zip of the project for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#533620 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi, I am using webclipse on eclipse oxygen but the autocomplete feature I see on that guide is not working properly.
    There is no autocompletion on ng- tags for example.

I have webclipse but in the properties of my project, under the validation option, there is no HTML Angular syntax validator.
    Differently from what I see in the picture below, I only see HTML Syntax Validator.
    https://resources.cloud.genuitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/validator.png

Why? Thanks. (Usint angular 1.5.x)

PS: I even disabled the HTML Syntax Validator but I still see the warnings.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by sblantipodi.
    #533740 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

is there someone who can help here please?
    it is pretty annoying to have an Angular IDE that isn’t able to autocomplete an ng-if…

#533742 Reply

support-swapna

sblantipodi,

Sorry that you are still seeing issues.

It looks like you are working with older version of Angular i.e 1.5. We need more details about how you have created the project and send us the .zip of the project to help us replicate the problem at our end. If possible send us a screenshot of the line in the editor where the content assist is not working.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#533749 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi, I can’t send the zip file of the project, that code is under copyright.
    Yes, I am using Angular 1.5.
    The project was scaffolded with Yeoman using Bower for the frontend deps and NPM for NodeJS deps.
    Grunt is used as build system.

I have attached the screenshot of one of the files that contains that errors.

I haven’t created a new angular project because I used yeoman and the project was created before I started using webclipse.
    Can I convert my current project to something that webclipse understand as an angular project?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #533897 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Davide,

I will be upfront and say that that Angular IDE is designed for Angular 2+ development, not AngularJS development. As you can see, we do have some AngularJS functionality as well, but over the last year, our focus has been Angular 2 and later versions only. All the features mentioned on our Angular IDE portal as well as listings refer to Angular 2 functionality only, and I sincerely apologize if that wasn’t made clear; I’ll be taking this up with our content team.

Our devs will take another look at the issues you’re experiencing with the errors, and the defunct content assist, to see if there is a quick fix or workaround that could be applied – I will keep you posted.

#535214 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi,
    I know that this is a vacation period but don’t forget about me please 🙂

#535879 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

is there any news here.
    is there someone who use Angular 1.5.x and have code completion/validation on the angular tags?

#535918 Reply

support-swapna

David,

The dev team is looking into it. We will keep you posted about the fix soon.
    Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#549559 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Interesting news on this matter.

#578766 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi,
    I have noticed that with the latest updates all the errors in my HTML files are vanished, nice!

On twitter I read that you added the support to angular js, is this true?
    If yes should I enable it in some way?

I don’t see any autocompletion on ng tags.

#578878 Reply

Brian Fernandes

David,

We did not add additional support for AngularJS to any recent release, though we have tweeted about the newer AngularJS release in general. Apologies for the confusion.

We do have a new product, CodeMix and this same tech will ultimately drive Angular IDE as well. The focus is still on Angular 2+, though there are some Code extensions which support AngularJS too. I will admit we have not tried them, but you might find this to be a better experience. Note that your Angular IDE license allows you full access to CodeMix as well.

#579277 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi,
    I installed codemix and it’s awesome… in any case I have some problems with it,
    I’m going to open another thread for it.

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/codemix-is-aswesome-but-i-have-some-problems-listing-them/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Undefined attribute name (ng-if)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in