facebook

Uninstallation

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

today I was going to install the 2012 Update 1. As the machine had the previous version installed, I looked for a way of uninstalling that first and didn’t find any. I know that Eclipse products are copy-paste-installations, but SDC installs a Windows service, so it should really have an uninstallation included in the product. I really don’t want to use third party software to uninstall that service…

Ciao, Michael

#324961 Reply

sdc-support

Michael,

We do offer a way to uninstall SDC. However in your case it will not be necessary. All you need to do is run the installer for the update and you will be prompted to upgrade. Select that and you are good to go. BTW running the installer again is also how you uninstall SDC (you may need to restart your computer in order for the service uninstallation to take).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    –Ray
    SDC Support

#325471 Reply

AnnieCooper

Hello SDC Support! I have the following question:
    What do I do if I want to uninstall the program anyway?
    I looked for a way to remove it and didn’t find one just like Michael Keppler.

#325518 Reply

ignaciom

To Uninstall SDC, run the SDC Server Installer it will show you the uninstall option, if running the uninstall on this way is not enough you could just clean your install directories, if you do this and running on windows it is better to restart your OS.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#662800 Reply

markus-schmid
    Participant

Hi,

How can I uninstall SDC on Linux? I don’t have the old *run-file to run the setup again and uninstall it using the old *run-file. I only have the new *run-file, which ist from an older SDC version, which I would like to install on a Linux Server.
    Executing the new *run-file ends up in the following error.

-bash-4.2$ pwd
    /tmp
    -bash-4.2$ ./secure-delivery-hub-2017-installer-linux.run –unattended unattended.properties
    Starting installer – please wait…
    – Preparing install engine
    – Extracted install engine
    – Detected JVM architecture: 64 bit
    – Launching install engine with console output
    Pulse-one-64:
    GTK+ Version Check
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=172m; support was removed in 8.0
    Installer log being written to /tmp/pulse-one-2020-09-08-17-11-37.log
    Automatically managing software…
    Running [pulse.unattended.load.input.file]
    Running [delivery.server.unattended.check.settings]
    Running [delivery.server.load.bundled.license]
    Running [pulse.check.another.install.running]
    Running [delivery.check.existing.server.installation]
    17:11:37.551 A fatal error was reported from com.genuitec.delivery.server.installer.processor.DeliveryCheckExistingServerProcessor@4bf48f6 – SEVERE@ProcessorWithFatalErrorHandling.run
    com.genuitec.delivery.server.installer.processor.DeliveryCheckExistingServerProcessor$InvalidControlFileException: Unable to locate the control file of the existing server. Please restart the server and try again.
    at com.genuitec.delivery.server.installer.processor.DeliveryCheckExistingServerProcessor.getControlProperties(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.delivery.server.installer.processor.DeliveryCheckExistingServerProcessor.runWithErrorHandling(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.processor.ProcessorWithFatalErrorHandling.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.module.cli.progress.UnattendedConsoleProgressModule.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.machine.internal.SequenceMachineImpl.runSequence(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.machine.internal.SequenceMachineImpl.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.application.CommonInstallerApplication.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)
    Automatically managing software…
    Running [pulse.create.support.bundle]
    Running [pulse.error.cleanup.work]
    Running [pulse.unattended.error.report.result]
    Secure Delivery Hub processing completed.
    Code: -100
    Details: Failed Installation`

Many thanks for your answer.

Markus

#662824 Reply

markus-schmid
    Participant

Resolved: Just rename the .deliverycenter.installs in the user’s home directory to another name so that the installation routine does not find any old installations.

#662836 Reply

ignaciom

Markus,

I’m glad that you find the issue, somehow I missed this forum post. Let us know if you have any further question.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Uninstallation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in