facebook

Unreadable text inside inline search & UI controls

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fizziks
    Participant

Hi there,

Love DevStyle so far with the following exception: I can’t figure out how to change the color of text inside the DevStyle Inline Search bar, and currently, it’s invisible because it nearly matches the background color.

Also, many of the textboxes and push button controls continue to use a white background with very light text color making them difficult/impossible to read.

[Environment Information]
    IDE Version: Eclipse Photon 4.8.0
    IDE Package: (Eclipse for C/C++)
    Theme: Darkest Dark (but affects all dark themes)
    Relevant Plugins Installed: None

Many thanks for any assistance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #593250 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Hello! Mind just confirming what Ubuntu windows manager you are using and if you’ve tailored your OS theme at all?

Thanks!

#593255 Reply

fizziks
    Participant

Sure. I’m using default 16.04 settings which I believe is the Unity windows manager and Ambiance theme.

Hope that helps!

#593318 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

fizziks,

Sorry about the problem. I’ve raised a bug report for development to investigate what can be done. This is heavily influenced by the desktop theme and Ambience doesn’t seem to work well in this regard. With some other desktop themes, the text shows up well. For example, I’ve tried Adwaita theme and a dark Arc theme, work nicely. I’m afraid that changing themes is the only workaround right now.

#593349 Reply

fizziks
    Participant

Thanks Tony,

I just switched to Dark Arc and can now see the inline search text and text in other UI elements.

Thanks for the suggestion, I like this theme and didn’t realize the interplay between desktop theme and DevStyle. Hopefully the Default Ubuntu theme gets improved support in the future, but this suits me fine.

#593372 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

That’s great news, fizziks. We’ll certainly see what we can do with the default desktop theme but I’m glad you have a set up you can work with.

Thanks again for raising this and for your comments on DevStyle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Unreadable text inside inline search & UI controls

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in