facebook

Unsupported Hibernate version: 5.6.14.Final

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vjosse
    Participant

Hi,

I’m upgrading Hibernate to the lastest 5.6 version and in myEclipse, I see the below error in the Error Log view

com.genuitec.eclipse.maven.wtp.hibernate
    Unsupported Hibernate version: 5.6.14.Final

What is the impact of that exception ?
    Do you plan a myEclipse upgrade to support the latest versions of Hibernate ?

Thanks,

Vincent

#695217 Reply

support-swapna

Vincent,

Are you trying to upgrade the built-in Hibernate version in the IDE or in the project?
    We already have an enhancement request filed to add support for latest Hibernate versions. We will keep you posted about the release schedule once the dev team targets it.

You can update the Hibernate version in the project via the pom.xml and then edit the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml file located in the .settings folder of the project to update the me.hibernate entry to 5.6. Restart the IDE to make sure any cached project information is discarded.

Hope this helps. Do let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#695220 Reply

vjosse
    Participant

Hi,

I upgraded Hibernate in my project (pom.xml).

I checked the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml file and there is no me.hibernate entry.
    Should I have to add it ?

Thanks,

Vincent

#695221 Reply

support-swapna

Vincent,

If you have not added the Hibernate capabilities to the project using ‘Install Hibernate Facet’ dialog, then you can ignore editing that file.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Unsupported Hibernate version: 5.6.14.Final

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in