facebook

updating sdc admin console

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

bushidobrown
    Participant

I am trying to update to the most recent version of sdc. The server running on it is a linux server. From my computer I am able to ssh into the sdc server. I create the unattended.properties file and run the installer in the ssh server using ./installer –unattended unattended.properties. It goes through through the processes and then says installation was successful. I go back to the sdc hub where I installed the Admin Console, and it’s still saying it I have the 2017 version of the Admin Console and not the 2018 version I just installed. Do I need to restart the server before the changes take affect and if so how do I do that?

#609208 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Once you’ve done the upgrade of the Delivery Hub, it will take a time for the Delivery Hub to build the new Admin Console installer, once it is done, the Admin Console should offer you to update. Alternatively you could also get the new installers from the portal, and run the installer on the system where you have the Admin Console installed, this will try to perform an update on your Admin Console.

Please do not hesitate to ask any further question.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#610073 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

I messed up the installation of the admin console and try to do it again using remote desktop connection to connect directly into the linux computer that is running sdc. I’m able to run the installer with admin rights but I get to the Configure Delivery Hub hostname and port part, type in the hostname and port, then it says “An attempt was made to validate the specified hostname and port, however this installer was unable to establish a connection back to itself with thes values….” Is the only way around this to run it in unattended mode?

#610146 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

It looks like you are trying to run the Delivery Hub installer and not the Admin Console installer. The Delivery Hub build an installer tailored for your Delivery Hub, to get this installer you should go to your Delivery Hub portal and login to it, once logged int you will see a setup item on the top bar where you can download the Admin Console installer.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#610171 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

We are upgrading to Eclipse 4.8 and we are currently using 4.6. I already have the admin console but when I go to add a pack for Eclipse 4.8 it says “Update SDC” and the link brings me to the sdc download center https://www.genuitec.com/products/sdc/download/. From there I get the newest linux installer and that’s where I’m stuck right now. I guess we’re updating the hub not the admin console, sorry for the confusion.

#610182 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

The simplest workaround for this would be to use the installer in unattended mode. Here is a sample of the contents of the unattended file you need to run it.

server.dir=/sdc/server
    server.data.dir=/sdc/datafiles
    result.file=/sdc/downloads/install.result.log
    admin.password=MYSECUREPASSWORD
    admin.username=admin
    admin.fullname=Administrator
    database.engine=BUNDLED
    server.hostname=MYHOST.com
    server.install.as.service=true
    server.port=1305

To run the installer just try the following, probably with admin rights

./secure-delivery-hub-2018-sr2-2018-12-07-installer-linux.run –unattended /sdc/downloads/unattended.txt

Let us know how this works for you.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#610412 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

On tuesday, I created the unattended file and then ran it on the linux machine using the above command. It has not updated on the sdc hub or the admin console. I believe the server.dir was correct since it was one up from the deliveryCenterServer executable and the server.data.dir since it had the metavc child. Is the hostname in the unattended file supposed to have “/sdc” after the .com because that’s how I have it?

#610414 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

The host name should just be the name of the host without any path after it. What is the output you get when trying to run the unattended update? Are you running with admin rights? Could you do provide the ls output from the command line of your server and data dir? Does the server and data files share the same parent directory?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#610417 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

I did run it with admin privileges using the sudo command at the beginning of the command. Unfortunately I did not record the output but it said the installation was successful. I reran the command and it said it was up to date. The output was:

Starting installer – pleas wait…
    – Preparing install engine
    – Extracted install engine
    – Detected JVM architecture: 64 bit
    – Launching install engine with console output
    Installer log being written to …..
    Automatically managing software…
    Running [pulse.unattended.load.input.file]
    Running [delivery.server.unattended.check.settings]
    Running [delivery.server.load.bundled.license]
    Running [pulse.check.another.install.running]
    Running [delivery.check.existing.server.installation]
    Running[delivery.server.read.preupgrade.values]
    Automatically managing software…
    Running [pulse.unattended.report.result]
    Secure Delivery Hub processing completed.
    Code: 0
    Details: Software Up To Date
    A result file is at …
    – Exited install engine
    The output for ls of server.dir is: “Open First.html” server
    For server.data.dir it’s: artifacts core database logs metavc metrics packs system-config third-party work www
    They both share the same parent directory

#610418 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

To verify the version you are running with please go to the portal and login, then go to the “Setup” page, you’ll find a “Hub Installation Details” group. Could you share these details? Server version: & SDC Release:

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#610419 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

The version is 5.4.0.v201701111300 and the release is 2017

#610420 Reply

ignaciom

If you go to the directory you specified on the unattended file, and look for the contents of: DataFiles/core/sites/package-runtime/pulse-release.txt what are the contents of this file. You should see the same version you see on the portal. What are the contents of this file?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#610521 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

it says
    # pulse build metadata
    pulse.build.qualifier=5.4.4.v201804131110
    I checked the sdc version number and release on the sdc hub on my windows machine and not on the linux machine it’s running on if that makes a difference.

#610522 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

It looks like you run the installer against the wrong directory, this is pointing that the Delivery Hub is installed on a different directory. If on the linux machine, where the delivery hub is running you run. ps -elf | grep deliveryCenterServer you’ll see the directory from where the delivery hub is running. What is the output?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#610541 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

The output is:
    0 S id 12502 11954 0 80 0 – 25812 pipe_w 23:17 pts/19 00:00:00 grep deliveryCenterServer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: updating sdc admin console

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in