facebook

Use Only 64 bit packages

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

slycooper
    Participant

I want to be able to only download/install 64 bit packages and not 32 bit. Is there a way to do this?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by slycooper.
    #602015 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

I’m sorry for the delay on a response to your question, I missed it last week. Yes there is a way to only build 64 bit packages. Although it requires you to edit some pack.xml and a restart of your Delivery Hub and your Admin Console.

1. Stop your Delivery Hub.
    2. Find the pack.xml of the base Software Pack you are building your packages, you’ll find this file at the Delivery Hub system data files directory. ${Data_Files}/packs/eclipse-standard/pack.xml and edit/comment the architectures element of the xml.
    3. Restart your Delivery Hub.

This will make all the packages based on that pack to not build 32 packages. Is this what you are looking for? There is also a way to only set that for a given package. I can give you instructions on how to achieve that if that is what your are looking for, also some manual file edit + some others.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602018 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

I forgot we recently added a way to control the Architecture for your packages via Access Policy, inside the Admin Console without having to manually modify any file or restart the Delivery Hub.

1. From the configuration Tab of your package you’ll find the policies group. Where you can select the policies that are applied to your package. Click on the View policy hyper link.
    2. Now you are at the Access policy edit page. Here you can modify the Architecture that the Delivery Hub will build for all the packages that use this policy.
    3. Go to Packaging -> Advanced. Use the “Only Bundle Architecture” toggle. And select 64 bit.
    4. Commit and promote the policy.
    5. Commit, promote and Build all the packages that use the modified policy.

This will make all those packages to only get artifacts for 64 bit. Alternatively you can create a new policy with this setting and only configure some packages to use this policy.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602028 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I go to the access policy page. I then click on packaging but I don’t see any advanced option. I’ve attached a screenshot of my screen.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #602056 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

This is a feature that was recently added, I think we added it on 2018 Release, right now the latest version of SDC is 2018 SR1b. I would recommend to get the latest version of SDC.

If that is not an option right now. You can follow these steps.

1. Close your Admin Console.
    2. Look for the package.xml of the package you want to have only for 64 bit. It will get located at ${admin_console_install_dir}/local-storage/metavc/packages/${guid_of_package}/package.xml
    3. Add the following xml inside the package element just before it close.

<targetPlatforms>
       <target-platform arch="x86_64" os="linux" ws="gtk"/>
       <target-platform arch="x86" os="macosx" ws="cocoa"/>
       <target-platform arch="x86_64" os="win32" ws="win32"/>
    </targetPlatforms>

4. Open your Admin Console.
    5. On the commit area you’ll see that edited package has a pending change.
    6. Commit, promote and build installers for this package.

Let us know how this works for you.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602098 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

How do you update the SDC to 2018? I currently have 2017 version. Is it updated on the SDC site or in the admin console?

#602151 Reply

ignaciom

To update SDC you need to download the installer from the SDC downloads section and run the installer in the system where the Delivery Hub is running. You can read more about it at: Upgrade Guide

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602640 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I downloaded the installer and ran it. After I input the correct hostname and port number and then it says
    “An attempt was made to validate the specified hostname and port, however this installer was unable to establish a connection back to itself with these values. Typically this can occur if the hostname is not entered correctly, the DNS server is misconfigured, or there is a system firewall blocking connections back into the host.”
    Is this something I need to take up with the network/system admin?

#602642 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

This flow is the new-install flow, but it looks like you should be running an upgrade flow. This could be because the install was probably ran by different user of the system, probably with one that has root access since it is required to run the Delivery Hub as a service. I would recommend to try to run the installer in unattended mode, in this way you can specify the install directory, in this upgrade flow this DNS check does not run, and we’ll be sure that you are actually upgrading your Delivery Hub.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602643 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I looked on the updating in unattended mode page. I followed the instructions for using unattended mode and it’s saying –unattended: command not found. I am using a Bash Unix shell. Do I need to use something different?

#602644 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

What is the command you are using ./secure-delivery-hub-installer-linux.run --unattended ${PATH} ? Are you running with double dash then unattended? The one you posted on last message only had one dash. Could you share the output you get?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by ignaciom.
    #602647 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I meant to put 2 dashes on the other message. I’ve tried sdc.run(I changed the file name for the installer to sdc.exe) –unattended <path>(without the brackets)
    sdc.run –unattended <path>
    bash: sdc.run: command not found
    same thing for sdc.exe

./sdc.exe –unattended <path>
    bash: ./sdc.exe: No such file or directory

–unattended <path>\sdc.exe
    bash: –unattended: command not found

All the single dashes are double dashes but the forum puts them as 1 dash

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by slycooper.
    #602649 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Tow observations there, after you download the installer executable, you’ll need to add the executable permissions in order to run, also, the path for the unattended path has to be absolute, as well as the path of the contents of the unattended properties file.

chmod +x sdc.exe
    ./sdc.exe --unattended /my/absolutepath/unattended.properties

I think doing this the installer should be able to run in unattended mode.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602774 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

When I run unattended mode from the command line it does the regular installation that it was already doing and I get the same firewall issue. I get these 2 lines of output:
    1 [sig] bash 16292! get_proc_lock: Couldn’t acquire sync_proc_subproc for(5,1), last 7, Win32 error 0
    193 [sig] bash 16292! proc_subproc: couldn’t get proc lock. what 5, val 1
    What is the unattended.properties file? I can’t find it anywhere on my computer.

#602775 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

The unattended.properties file is a file that you manually have to create with your already installed Delivery Hub.

server.dir=/home/user/sdc/server
    server.data.dir=/home/user/sdc/data
    result.file=/home/user/sdc.result.txt
    admin.fullname=Administrator 
    admin.password=abc123
    admin.username=admin
    database.engine=BUNDLED
    server.hostname=sdc.mydomain.com
    server.install.as.service=true
    server.port=1305

That is the example we have on our docs, you just need one that have the details for your Delivery Hub! Let us know if this help you to make some more progress.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Use Only 64 bit packages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in