facebook

Use Only 64 bit packages

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

slycooper
    Participant

Do I create the file in the setup tab or somewhere else? Is it just a file that I create in a text editor and put it where the rest of the sdc files go?

#602777 Reply

ignaciom

Right is just file, you can use any text editor, including vim, I would recommend you to put the file on your home directory or at some other directory where you don’t delete the file, so you can use the same file for next upgrade(s). Place this file outside of the Delivery Hub install dir, datafiles or server.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602830 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

Is the result file the same as the absolute path of the properties file\unattended.properties? If I am using the embedded database do I leave line 7 as is? Also is server.dir the same as delivery hub directory and is server.data.dir the same as storage director that shows up when running hub installer normally? I was able to run it in unattended mode but got the errors
    Code: -100
    Details: Failed Installation
    Error: Fatal error in UnattendedLoadInputFileProcessor

#602831 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

The result.file is just a file where the installer will log the results of the installer operation, is not the same as the unnattended.properties file.

Yes, if using embedded database leave it as is.

The server.dir is the one you choose at install time. The root of this directory should contain a directory named “Server” and as a child it should contain the “deliveryCenterServer”. This is where the Server executable directory was installed, go to the directory where “deliveryCenterServer” executable is located then do cd .. this is the server.dir

The server.data.dir, this directory is usually a sibling of the server.dir, by default is named Data Files as a child it will always contain a metavc child.

As for the error could you share the command you are trying? Also as I previously mentioned, the path of the unnatended properties file you specify to run the command should be an absolute path.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602841 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I got the server directory. I have nothing named “Data Files”. I have two directories named metavc. One of them has the same directory as the server directory. The other one one is located in the local-storage in admin console. I tried both of them and get the same message
    Code: -100
    Details: Failed Installation
    Error: Fatal error in DeliveryServerConfigureOSIntegration
    The properties lines are
    server.dir=C:/Users/ID/AppData/Local/Secure Delivery Center
    server.data.dir=C:/Users/ID/AppData/Local/Secure Delivery Center
    I tried the other metavc directory which is
    C:/Users/ID/AppData/Local/Secure Delivery Center/Admin Console/local-storage
    and got the same issues
    My command line input is

./secure-delivery-hub-2018-sr1b-installer-windows.exe –unattended C:/UserData/unattended.properties

#602842 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Indeed those directories does not look like the right paths, are you trying to run the installer in the same system where the Delivery Hub is installed? I mention this because you are talking about the local-storage directory which only exist under the Admin-Console directory. Were you able to find the deliveryCenterServer.exe or deliveryCenterServer if your Delivery Hub runs on unix?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602843 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I have access to the delivery hub website however the only thing I’ve downloaded/installed is the Admin Console. I’m not sure where the Delivery hub is installed. I was able to find the deliveryCenterServer.exe the path to that is
    C:\Users\ID\AppData\Local\Secure Delivery Center\server
    Will I need to find out where the delivery hub was originally installed to update it?

#602844 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

If you have the deliveryCenterServer.exe you are running on the system where a Delivery Hub is installed, however you need to make sure that the process is running. Do you see the process on the Task Manager? is your host name respond to the hostname you use to access the website?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602848 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I cannot find sdc in Apps or in the advanced options after I log into the site. The hostname in the properties file is the same one as at the start of the website url ut until and including .com. When I launch the installer it does popup as Installer(32 bit) > Secure Delivery Hub 2018 SR1b and then in Background processes it lists it as Secure Delivery Hub (32 bit)

#602849 Reply

ignaciom

If that is the case, then it it could be that you are running on the system that is running the Delivery Hub, Do you have a directory named. C:\Users\ID\AppData\Local\Secure Delivery Center\Data Files ?

Ignacio

#602851 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I do not have any directories named Data Files in Secure Delivery Center or anywhere else.

#602852 Reply

ignaciom

Then, probably your system is not the one that runs the Delivery Hub, I would recommend to find the system where the Delivery Hub is installed, probably doing a ping to the hostname and then investigate where that is that system so you can perform the upgrade.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602853 Reply

ignaciom

After a quick review of previous post messages, it looks like when you installed the Delivery Hub you did not specify different directories for the server and for the Data Files. If this is correct:

server.dir=C:/Users/ID/AppData/Local/Secure Delivery Center
    server.data.dir=C:/Users/ID/AppData/Local/Secure Delivery Center

Although this could be a bug on our installer, we should not allow you to install in the same path. Could you please find: C:\Users\ID\AppData\Local\Secure Delivery Center\server\deliveryCenterServer.ini and C:\Users\ID\AppData\Local\Secure Delivery Center\server\configuration\config.ini and share these files.

If this is the case we may need to move some things around to “fix” your current install before we can apply the upgrade.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602856 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

I messaged you the 2 files in a zip

#602858 Reply

ignaciom

Thx for the files, were you able to confirm that doing a ping to the delviery hub hostname, the one you use to access the web portal, has the same ip-address of your system?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Use Only 64 bit packages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in