facebook

User does not get install wizard popup when running installer

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bushidobrown
    Participant

When one of our users downloads a package installer and runs it the install wizard never pops up, he simply gets a progress pop saying “66% Preparing PackageName Installer” that gets to %100, seemingly finishes, goes away and nothing else happens when it’s supposed to launch the install wizard. We are slightly over our license usage while currently in the process of obtaining more. The user has never installed one of our packages before so I ponder if that could be the reason why he can’t install it or some other reason? Thanks!

#652917 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Could you give a bit more details of the System that is failing? What OS is running? If it is a linux System, what version of GTK? Answer to these questions will provide a bit more input to ask further questions or suggest what to try 🙂

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#652920 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

the user is running windows 7. Not sure it not being windows 10 could be causing the issue.

#652924 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Is there an antivirus in the mix? The installer first try to extract the installer files on the tmp directory where it will run the actual installer with the JVM. The installer have a flag to make it extract the installer files on an alternate location where you can configure the antivirus to not scan a particular dir may be just while you run installers.

To try that you’ll have to run the installer from the cmd and pass the argument:

installer.exe -oneextract C:\installer-extracts

Note that the C:\installer-extracts need to exist on disk before you run the installer, it can be any other path but the directory must exist.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#652948 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

Unfortunately that did not work. The progress window still pops up, gets to %100, closes and nothing else happens? Do you have any other possible suggestions to try? Thanks!

#652954 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Did the installer extracted the files on the directory that was used to run the installer? installer.exe -oneextract C:\installer-extracts
    In case that the files are in the directory we could try to run either pulse-one.exe or pulse-one-64.exe and check if that make the installer to run.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#652976 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

unfortunately neither of us have anything in that directory when running the installer with the installer.exe -oneextact C:\directoryname command.The user does have a ntuser.dat file that was created today in the directory where the installer is, but im not sure if that’s related or not.

#653185 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

I wonder if being Windows 7 versus 10 like most of our users use could be causing any potential issues. Since we are over our license usage and the user has never installed a package before, would that prevent him from installing it? Is there anything else we could try?

#653186 Reply

ignaciom

I have just looked on my notes and the oneextract flag is a bit different than what I mention you please try the following:

installer.exe -oneextract:c:\installer-extracts

Note that there is a colon after the -oneextract and no space and all is in lowercase.

I think is something environmental, there is something on the system preventing the installer to extract the installer files on the system to be able to run it. It could be an antivirus or some other tool on windows doing that, We have tested installers on windows 7 and we did not saw any issues in the past. Unfortunately I no longer have Windows 7 on my side to try an installer right now.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: User does not get install wizard popup when running installer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in