facebook

Using JUnit 5 with MyEclipse 2016

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gjt3
    Participant

What is required to use JUnit 5 with MyEclipse 2016?

#598053 Reply

support-swapna

Greg,

JUnit 5 requires a Java 8 project. JUnit 4 is the latest which ships with MyEclipse 2016.
    You can download the JUnit 5 libraries, create a new user library (Window > Preferences > Java > Build Path > User Libraries), add the JUnit 5 jars to it and then add the user library to the project via Build Path page (switch to Libraries tab and click on ‘Add Library’ and select ‘User Library’).

Our latest release MyEclipse 2018 ships with JUnit 5. MyEclipse 2018 is based on Eclipse Photon and supports Java 9 and 10. Please check the Delivery Log for the list of new features and improvements that come with MyEclipse 2018 : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/deliverylog/ci/

Please note that versions earlier than MyEclipse 2017 are no longer fully supported. We try and assist licensed users working with older versions, but no fixes will be made to those versions. I recommend you upgrade to MyEclipse 2018 to take advantages of the latest technologies it supports.

You can download the MyEclipse 2018 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    Install it alongside your existing MyEclipse 2016 installation to a different folder and give it a try. The license you currently hold is valid for MyEclipse 2018 as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if you see any issues migrating to MyEclipse 2018. We will be glad to assist you in making the transition.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#623853 Reply

pavanvv
    Participant

Is there a stable version for MyEclipse 2018 or 2019?
    From the download link I could see only CI for 2019 and stable for 2017.

We are using MyEclipse 2017 stable and I am also in need of using JUnit 5. But, upgrades we only do for stable releases.
    So, please suggest what are our options here.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by pavanvv.
    #623887 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Pavan,

With the MyEclipse CI series, we’re moving away from designated “Stable” releases or a Stable stream. Our CI releases are now put through the same QA processes that we normally reserved for our Stable stream, along with a less frequent release schedule. I would recommend simply going with the latest CI release.

We realize the CI nomenclature can make things confusing, this is something we are looking into. Will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Using JUnit 5 with MyEclipse 2016

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in