facebook

Validation and Completion do not work out-of-the-box

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

support-swapna

olihd,

Thank you for the log file. The dev team is looking into the problem.
    They will get back to you soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#535491 Reply

Brian Fernandes

olihd,

We haven’t been able to specifically reproduce this problem, but we have fixed a number of bugs that might be the cause. Would it be possible for you to upgrade to a pre-release of CI 8 to see if it fixes the issues you are experiencing with your project? If not, I will send you some debugging settings which you can add to the IDE as our final resort.

Instructions on how to upgrade to the pre-release are here: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

#544649 Reply

olihd
    Participant

Any news about this? It’s still not working…

#544674 Reply

Brian Fernandes

olihd,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue – since we hadn’t heard from you after my last post, we assumed the 2017 CI 8 update fixed your problem.

1) Have you updated to CI 9 if not, can you please do so?
    2) Can you send us a screenshot of your project properties > TypeScript page?
    3) Please attach the workspace error log. You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

#547675 Reply

olihd
    Participant

I am using the latest version. But still not checks/assists for HTML template files. Perhaps a problem with the NG language service?

I attached all the necessary files.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #549123 Reply

olihd
    Participant

Any news on this? Still a little annoying to have bought a product that does not work as promised on my project.

#549137 Reply

Brian Fernandes

olihd,

I’m terribly sorry we missed your previous post. In the set of screenshots you last shared, the TypeScript property page shows tsconfig.json selected – it should in fact be tsconfig.app.json as we had discussed previously.

Could you change it to ensure it has the right file selected and then restart the IDE just to be absolutely sure this change is being picked up (this is typically not required, but I want to rule out all variables). Check now if you are getting the content assist and validation you expect. If it still isn’t working, we can get into a video call and try to figure this out live.

#549237 Reply

olihd
    Participant

Don’t know why it is on the screenshot – but I verified (and also tried again to re-import project): And both times it was configured correctly to “tsconfig.app.json”. Still not working.

#549247 Reply

Brian Fernandes

olihd,

Understood. When would be a good time to have a call so we can take a look at this first hand? Sometime tomorrow or on Monday perhaps.

#549622 Reply

olihd
    Participant

Wednesday between 10:00UTC+1 and 17:00UTC+1 ?

#549629 Reply

Brian Fernandes

olihd,

Wednesday 11:00 AM UTC+1 sounds good. I’ll send you a private message with the meeting details.

#550051 Reply

Brian Fernandes

olihd,

I waited for about 10 minutes on the call today, but you did not join. Did you receive the private message with the meeting details I sent on Monday?

When would you like to reschedule this call?

#550182 Reply

olihd
    Participant

Found the reason for this: It seems that the “node-modules” folder must be visible in the navigator to be recognized as Angular project. This can be checked via project settings – Typescript: Anuglar must be listed there with a version. I filtered it out via project settings – “Resource/Resource Filters”. No everything works as expected.

#550221 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Oliver,

Thank you for taking the time to meet with us today and posting back here – we’re glad we figured out the problem. Though the node_modules issue was certainly one of the problems, we found another issue with how some versions in the package.json are being parsed – which is why it wasn’t picking up the version from there either.

We’re going to try and pick up the fix for the version parsing as well as the keybindings issue you mentioned in the CI 11 release – should be out in the next week or so.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Validation and Completion do not work out-of-the-box

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in