facebook

Visual VM Profiler in MyEclipse 2019.12.5

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

steveh
    Participant

I wanted to use the profiler but it’s doesn’t seem to work in the current version. The splash screen appears but then nothing happens afterwards. In the Eclipse error panel it reports “Could not parse Java version” in plugin com.genuitec.eclipse.visualvm. There’s no stack trace for the error. Changing the JDK in the Tools / Profiler preferences page seems to have no effect on the problem. Any ideas?

Session data for the error in case that’s useful:
    eclipse.buildId=16.0.0.CI-005
    java.version=13
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

#643388 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

What is the project’s java version? It looks like the VisualVM Profiler is not working for higher versions of Java i.e Java 13.
    I will file a bug report for the dev team to look into it.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#643392 Reply

steveh
    Participant

Thanks! The project is Java 11.

I think there’s also issues using the embedded Tomcat server above Java 8 but I was able to resolve those by swapping out the shipped Tomcat files with those from a current Tomcat version.

#643506 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

Our embedded Tomcat version is Tomcat 8 which supports till JavaEE 7. We will be updating the version soon in our next release.
    You can configure external Tomcat 9 in the MyEclipse using the connector from here : Right click in the Servers view > New Server > look for Tomcat, expand it and configure the Tomcat 9 installation.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#673678 Reply

steveh
    Participant

The Visual VM Profiler is still broken in MyEclipse 2020.9.16 for a project using Java 11 – same “Could not parse Java version” message in the error log – no stack trace. Hoping you’ve fixed this in the forthcoming version as it’s nice to have it integrated.

#673732 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

The Visual VM Profiler will be fixed in our upcoming release due this month end.
    We will keep you posted when the release is out.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Visual VM Profiler in MyEclipse 2019.12.5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in