facebook

WAR file empty and only 1K

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard_pathogen
    Participant

I have a web project that deploys and runs fine to Tomcat when done under MyEclipse.

I need to export the war, however, for deployment to another server.

When I right-click on the project though and select WAR file, then complete the wizard form and hit Finish, all I get is a mostly empty war with a size of only 1K.

You can see what I get from the attached image.

Can someone please advise what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #547953 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Richard,

Sorry you’re seeing this problem. Just to confirm, you’re right clicking on the project and then going to Export>Java EE>WAR file, right? Things you might check are:

1. Are there class files in the output location for the project? Check the output location in the Source tab of the build path properties.
    2. Is the deployment assembly set up correctly? Right click on the project and go to Properties then then Deployment>Deployment Assembly.

If you can’t see a problem there, then please let us know which release of MyEclipse you’re using and which OS. We may need more information later.

#547964 Reply

Richard_pathogen
    Participant

Sorry you’re seeing this problem. Just to confirm, you’re right clicking on the project and then going to Export>Java EE>WAR file, right?

Yep, that is exactly what I am doing.

Are there class files in the output location for the project? Check the output location in the Source tab of the build path properties.

Source folder was there but no output folder. So I clicked on the checkbox and set this as the output location: project_name/WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes

Tried exporting again. Same issue.

Is the deployment assembly set up correctly? Right click on the project and go to Properties then then Deployment>Deployment Assembly.

To be honest, I’m not sure what all should be there. See screenshot for what I have please.

If you can’t see a problem there, then please let us know which release of MyEclipse you’re using and which OS. We may need more information later.

I am using Hi Sierra and this is the info on ME:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 2017 CI 10
    Build id: 15.0.1-20171220

Thank you for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #548155 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Richard,

Thanks for that information. Your set up seems fine now, though I’m not sure how you created a Web project without an output folder. However, you seem to be all set and yet you’re still seeing the problem. In that case, there might be errors which show up in the log.

Please clear the error log (this can be done from the Error Log view), try to export again. Now export the error log to a text file (again, this can be done from the Error Log view) and attach that file here. Hopefully, there will be some relevant errors there which will lead us to the cause. Please also mention exactly what the WAR file contains and what it is missing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: WAR file empty and only 1K

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in